A scary trip to the zoo

Four weeks pass

Today is June 22, 2009

Today Matt and Linda's whole class and Mihael's and Near's are going to the zoo. Together with their teacher Roger.

It's not a school trip, just an outing.

To the zoo in Winchester.

It is a big zoo with big fat elephants and lions and tigers.

Linda loves elephants and tigers so much. 

They arrive at the big zoo in a big yellow school bus.

It is bustling with excitement.
Everyone is super excited and yelling at each other.

Poor Roger doesn't even come up there anymore. Not even with his referee whistle.

All the children are very busy and crazy and running in all directions.

"You all look like a bunch of wild beasts!" Roger grumbles as he descends the long steep stairs of the school bus with a school nurse.

The school nurse looks at him.
"Ah... come on Roger... those kids are so excited.... I just think it's cute that they're so excited about it".

Roger grumbles a deep sigh and looks at the children he teaches every day: "It's just what you call cute".

Mello walks over to his best friend Matt, who is sitting on a park bench right in front of the entrance, playing on his Nintendo.

He has a cute dark blue beanie hat on and his dark brown hair sticks out cute. His cute hair is wild.
And he's wearing a green white striped long-sleeved shirt and he's wearing light blue jeans with his dark brown boots that have a lot of dirty mud on the soles of his boots.

And he sits quietly in a sartorial pose on the park bench next to the entrance to the large zoo, playing games on his Nintendo.

Mello grins at him:"Hi Matt". And he taps his back with his flat hand.
Matt's best friend feels that right away and looks up questioningly and then sees his best friend Mello.

Mihael gives him one more gray look and sits down next to him with his hands in his trouser pockets.
He plops down next to him on the couch and looks at him with a graying look.
"What are you doing?".
Matt then looks back at his Nintendo: "Gaming".
"What game are you playing?".
"Zelda".
Mihael grins again briefly: "Cool."
And then looks ahead and looks at the beautiful pale blue sky.

Matt grins when he sees on his Nintendo screen that he has won.

Then the two boys hear two laughing voices.
They are the laughing voices of Near and Linda.
Mihael and Matt look at Linda and Near as they walk past them.

When Linda and Near have passed by, Matt lets out a dreamy sigh.

Mihael looks at him questioningly.

Matt lowers his Nintendo and rests his hands on his chin and again lets out a dreamy sigh when he sees Near and Linda again, who are now standing a little way away, chatting and laughing with each other.

"Look at her" Matt stammers, blushing and dreamily, and he stares fondly at Linda.

Mihael grins and puts his hands in his trouser pockets again and punches him on the upper back: "Ask her  out then!".

Matt looks at him and puts both big hands on one knee: "Of course not!".
Mihael looks at him questioningly and takes a big bite of his chocolate bar and crosses his legs: "Ah.... you've been saying that for months!!!.... you just have to dare man!". "Otherwise things will never work out between you two."
Matt lets out a deep sigh.