29

"Please make sure that your essays are written in the correct font and size. It'll make things easier for me and for you." The professor finishes his class after giving us our assignment. "Also, if you should have any question, just write me a mail or ask me on campus."

"I love his class." Hannah says as we pack our things.

"Same." I agree. "His classes are so interesting and he's so passionate about the stuff he teaches."

"Plus, he's hot." Gen interrupts us.

"You're not even in our class." I tell her, rolling my eyes. "Why are you here again?"

"Because I am a stray looking for shelter and I left the keys you gave me for your apartment in the apartment."

"You could've just asked me for the keys. You didn't have to stay for the whole class."

"But then I wouldn't have admired Mr. William's fine ass." She drools and stares a bit too obvious in our professor's direction.

"Your cousin needs to get laid." Hannah jokes as we wave Mr. Williams goodbye and enter the hallway.

"Do you volunteer?" I raise a brow.

"I mean, if I was interested in girls, it'd definitely be someone like Gen." Hannah admits. "But we know that dating within a friend group never ends well, so I guess I have to simp from a distance."

"You're so brave." I joke.

"Thank you. I didn't masturbate to her Insta pictures for a two whole days."

"Wow, that's impressive. Going strong!"

"You guys are disgusting." Gen murmurs as she takes a sip from her water bottle.

I grin, "Sounds like someone else I know."

"All I said was that he's hot. If you didn't already have a older-man-crush, you'd agree."

"Is this about James? Your neighbour? How are things between the two of you?" Hannah asks and I wonder if I should tell her. I highly doubt she'd go to Brody and tell him and even if she did, he wouldn't go to Adrian. But even he did, it's none of his concerns.

"They are... going well." I speak.

"Going well?" She raises a brow.

"I'll tell you another time." I don't feel like talking about him right now.

"You guys are keeping something from me." She squints here eyes and observes us closely. But she doesn't push it but instead takes out her phone to inform her brother that she'll be spending the night at my place. Gen, Hannah and I decided to have a sleepover. When we arrive at my apartment complex I pray that we don't see Bucky. I haven't spoken to him in three days. It's Friday now and the last time we talked was in the hallway on Tuesday.
To be fair, there weren't really many opportunities for us to encounter. Gen is still staying over at my place and apparently aunt Dana doesn't like that because they've gotten into a huge argument which is why I have to cover all of Gen's shifts. So with my classes, assignments and shifts I don't even come home until late at night.

"Still don't want to talk to him?" Gen whispers when Hannah disappears in the bathroom.

I shake my head.

"This is ridiculous. Both of you are acting like children." She closes the door behind her and throws her stuff on the couch. I love her to death but she's a terrible roommate. She's messy, unorganised and she contributes absolutely nothing to the household. "Just talk to him. Go over there."

"He's probably not even home."

"Then message him, call him, go all FBI and figure out his location or whatever. I know you. You don't give up that easily. If you wanted to speak with him you'd find a way. But you're afraid."