48

"When you said 'hotel' I thought you meant an actual hotel and not whatever this is." I sit down on the bed and lay down. Convincing my mother that I'd be out the entire day was hell. I told her I'd be meeting friends and she continued to ask me why I couldn't be home for dinner if I was leaving this early. But it was all worth it because for the first time in weeks Bucky and I are completely alone without the fear of getting caught. This is ridiculous. I can't believe that I am turning twenty in a month and still hiding my boyfriend.

"It's not that bad. And it's only for a few nights. Are you hungry? Do you want to order something?"

"I ate before I came. But if you want to eat we can go out? There's a diner close by." I tell him. He lays down next to me.

"No, I'm good. So what do you want to do? There's a TV but it only has two channels. One is with animal documentaries and the other is... well, let's just say short films."

"There's a porn channel?" I burst out in laughter. "Did you watch it?"

"What? No!"

"Sure you didn't." I laugh and start tickling him.

"I did not!" He grabs my hands and pulls me on his lap. He pushes himself up on his elbows and holds my hands so I can't tickle him anymore.

"Don't lie to me. You totally did!" I tease him. "Great, now I am imagining you jerking off to some cheaply produced porn. I don't know if I should laugh or get turned on."

"Isla," he starts, "I promise I didn't watch it."

"You know I wouldn't be mad if you did."

"I know but I didn't."

"So you're telling me that there is free porn and you didn't watch it? You're boring."

"It would be wrong." He claims.

"No, it wouldn't."

"I am in a relationship with you. I can't do those kind of things while thinking about anyone else."

My smile widens when the realisation hits me. "Does that mean you can do those kind of things while thinking about me? Hold up. Naked truth. Have you done it before?"

He doesn't say anything which is answer enough.

"Oh my god." I laugh.

"Can we change topics? It's embarrassing. I am sorry. I shouldn't have done it."

It's not embarrassing, it's hot. And why are you apologising? I, Isla Austen, give you, James Buchanan Barnes, hereby the right to masturbate to my pictures or the thought of me." I clarify. "But the next time you are in the mood you can just ask me, you know? I can take care of the problem."

"I can't exactly call you on Christmas and tell you to come over because I was... in the mood."

"On Christmas? You did in on Christmas? Mr. Barnes, you officially made it to Santa's naughty list. That's why you didn't get a present from him."

He smiles at me and takes something out of his pants' pockets. "You did though." He hands me a little black box.

"I really love you but if this is an engagement ring I am out of the door in no time." I joke as I open the ribbon and open the chest, gasping when I see what's inside. "Buck, they are so beautiful." I take out one of the earrings and hold them up so I can see them better in the light. "Are those for me?"

"Do you like them?"

"I love them." The earrings are silver and in the shape of teardrops. They are by far the prettiest pair I've ever seen. "Return them."