73

I shouldn't be here with him. This is wrong. This is Bucky and Isla's place. Not Kyle and Isla's. No matter what went down it is still not okay to be here with another guy when every corner reminds me of my ex.

"Your order." The waiter places two plates in front of us. It's not actually dinner, just a quick stop, according Kyle so we only ordered a sandwich each. "Can I get you anything else?"

"No, we are good. Thank you." I smile at her and turn my head to Kyle, "How was band practice?"

"We couldn't even finish properly because Grayson's sister was upstairs getting her brain blown out by her tutor." He tells me. "We really need to find some other place."

"What happened to your old location?"

"Water damage." He leans over and grabs my hand. "You look really pretty with your hair like that."

I didn't do much with it. I usually just wear it naturally wavy or in a low loose bun but I wanted to take care of myself this morning and straightened it. "Thank you. I like your new tattoo."

He looks at his arm where a red serpent tattoo is covering half his forearm. "Yeah, it hurt like a bitch so it better look good."

I laugh at that and look around the café slash bookstore. Memories of James and me hit me. This was our first date. I was so excited to be here with him and I was so happy whenever he opened up. I remember how he told me that his grandfather used to come here with his comrades back in the day. Only later I realised that he was actually talking about himself.

"Isla?"

"Huh?" What did he say? "I am sorry, I am... I am a bit tired and zoned out, sorry."

"It's fine. Don't you like it here?"

I shake my head. "No, no, no, no. I love it but, um..." Honesty, right? "My ex took me here once. It was for our first date so it feels a bit weird to be here with you. Not that it's your fault though, I love the idea and I love this place but-"

"It's okay, babe. I get it. I wouldn't want to be at a place that reminds me of my exes. Theoretically speaking that is, because I have never been in a relationship before you."

"Before me?" I repeat, slowly realising what he said. "We are in a relationship?"

"Shit." He curses under his breath. "I didn't want to ask you here. I actually planned for us to go to dinner later and then I wanted to take you home like they do in those movies and kiss you and then ask you to be my girlfriend. I need to learn to shut up. I am ruining my own surprises."

I blush. What do I say? I am over James, I am. I think. No, I definitely am. And Kyle is a great guy and a relationship isn't an engagement so where is the harm? "Doesn't matter where you said it, my answer would have been the same everywhere."

"You're smiling? So I am assuming it's a yes?" He leans closer.

"It's a yes." I confirm and let him kiss me from across the table. After a few second I break the kiss and look around. "Now, can we get out of here? I am still hungry and a sandwich isn't exactly my definition of a nutritious meal."

"Yeah, let's get out of here."

-

"Thanks for the ride." I smile at Kyle when he takes me home. We are standing in front of my apartment. It's sometime around nine and Orla and Gen are both out so I could invite him to stay. But it probably wouldn't be right. "And for the whole day. I had a lot of fun."

"So did I." He places his hands on my waist and pulls me closer. "Mind if I kiss you?"

I shake my head and smile when he presses his lips against mine. The kiss doesn't stay gentle for too long though. After a while he pushes me against the door and starts massaging my bottom.