[15] Sickness, Opportunity, And Change

Okay everyone! We got some awesome news!

There has been some wonderful art done by NightBax13! Please go check them out because their art is amazing and definitely deserves more recognition! Thank you NightBax13 for creating such awesome art and supporting me and my story!

Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Hunter]

He looked down at the phone in his hand, hands shaking.

This was the place...

He heard briefly of Ratchet's predicament and just knew that he had to do something. It was his fault, after all. He was the one that gave that kid the water. No one else but him. He had to do something or else an innocent life would be wrongfully ruined. Ratchet will most likely not die, but the serum he was given could affect him in ways Hunter wouldn't even know of.

So he had to fix his mistakes.

His contact lived in the "shady" part of town, out of sight and out of mind. Barely anyone else knew of them unless they had outside sources. If his memory serves him correctly, he could say that his contact was indeed from off-planet. A runaway from a cargo ship gone rogue. The council was aware, but there was no complaint as long as they provided what was asked of them. It was purely a business relationship, nothing more.

He knocked on their door, foot tapping impatiently as the wait became longer and longer as time went on. He was about to send another text before the steel door finally opened,and he was immediately pulled inside with a small yelp.

"What the- what are you doing!?"

A light flickered on overhead as he came face to face with his contact,

A short Markazian lady with sky-blue eyes and white hair. She wore a pair of worn goggles over her head, and had an orange band-aid stuck to her left cheek. She just wore a simple white t-shirt with blue leggings.

She smiled brightly at him, "Oh! It's you. I thought you were coming later." she said, turning around and pressing a button to open the door to her living quarters. Hunter huffed, composing himself after being pulled through the door. "Yeah well, it's an emergency." he muttered, "I need some sort of antidote to the serum you made for the council a week ago."

She looked at him, raising a brow, "Really now? Did The Council put you up to this?"

"No. They didn't" He replied coldly, "Look, Kaz, I really need it. If not, an innocent kid might die."

The woman, Kaz, looked at him, before smiling dopily, "Nice to see that someone finally has the balls to stand up to The Council. You're the first one I've seen, at least." she chuckled, "I can try to do that, but you're going to have to give me an hour or two."

Hunter nodded, and was about to retort before she continued, "I'm going to need something in return, however."

Hunter stared at her, before sighing dramatically,

"What do you want now!?"

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Eventually, she finished her supposed "antidote" , capping a vial and handing it to Hunter. He examined it closely,