[13] It's Time

Whew...you're in for a ride this time....

Enjoy the chapter!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Ratchet]

To be honest, he still didn't want to get out of bed in the morning...again...

But everyone had to face the music sometimes.

He cleared his dry throat, going to get dressed and brush his teeth. He heard someone walk around in the kitchen downstairs, perhaps Kaden and Phoebe were already awake...

Ready to give him that stupid lecture about what happened yesterday.

He grumbled, spitting the toothpaste out in the sink and rinsing his mouth out. He stood to look at himself in the mirror...

Was he getting pale?

He shrugged, exiting the bathroom and heading downstairs.

Kaden and Phoebe looked up, Phoebe smiling as he came down. "Well, you're up earlier than usual, Good morning!" She said cheerfully. Kaden only smiled slightly.

Ratchet felt like we wouldn't even get the chance to eat before this whole thing.

"Why don't you sit down, Ratchet?"

He was right.

Ratchet sighed deeply, going to sit down across from Kaden. Phoebe watched in her peripheral vision at what was going on as she read the holo-newspaper on the countertop. Kaden leaned back, collecting his thoughts.

"So, I'll start with this. Why were you out so late last night?"

"I already told you." Ratchet replied, "I just got lost, I promise."

Kaden shook his head, he felt like it was a lie, but it felt like he would get nowhere with that. It was time to address the real issue...

And that is when it really started...

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

"How dare you talk that way to me?" Kaden interjected, "We took you in from the kindness of our hearts and this is how-"

"You took me in to prevent me from whatever The Council wanted to do to me!" Ratchet interjected. "I didn't ask for this! I didn't know this would happen! If this is just because what Alister said-"

"-You respect him no matter what, Ratchet. He is an adult-"

"So my opinion doesn't matter? Is that what you're saying!?"

Kaden grunted, "You misunderstand. If you would just listen instead of-"

"I am not going to listen until you both understand!"

Kaden held up a hand to pinch between his eyebrows, groaning in frustration. "What is there to understand, Ratchet? That you lost your memories? That you are making a big deal over something that someone said because it hurt your feelings?" His voice rose with every question.

"Or are you just frustrated with yourself because you have not made any attempts to recover your memory!?"

Ratchet reeled back, eyes wide. Phoebe finally interjected, "Kaden! Don't you dare say that to him!" She shouted, "Just calm-"

"You know I'm right, Phoebe." He replied, voice low and dripping with anger, "Hanging around, hoverboard races, going to arcades. Ratchet, you have six months to figure this out! And these past months have-"