[32] Wanted

Hello! Welcome to chapter 32!

A bit of a longer chapter this time! So...plenty of POV changes here. I tried to make it so it's not too confusing, but there are a lot of characters to keep up with. So I hope this turned out okay...

---> There is A LOT going on in this chapter, my advice is to read it all carefully since this is setting the basis for upcoming chapters<--- (It will help you keep up with events too, of course)

Anyway, in store for this chapter: Talking, *some* Fluff ❤, and some sadness...

Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Ratchet]

He picked up the kid immediately, making sure not to jostle him too much in case he had any other unseen injuries.

This kid...he knew Clank. This kid thought Ratchet *was* Clank...he heard his whisper it.

...

Well, it didn't matter now! He had to get him to safety!

He looked around him, resistance members and their enemies fighting head to head. On the ground lay those that have been defeated...mostly resistance members.

This was bad.

He needed to get back into the fray and fast, or else more people would die on his watch. But it's not like he could do anything with the injured kid in his arms. He grits his teeth, running from where he came, avoiding as many hostile bots as he could to get the kid back to safety.

He pressed his back up against a parked ship, peeking around the side.

"Ugh..." the kid groaned in his arms. He looked down, "Everything is gonna be okay!" He didn't know if the kid was really listening to him, but it was worth the shot to give him some sort of comfort while they were on the battlefield, "I'll get you to safety, promise."

And he wasn't going to go back on that promise...

He bolted away from the ship, trying to find a way out of the fray. He looked around frantically, seeing-

"Nefarious!"

The tall bot was currently swiping across a corrupted guard bot's torso, practically slicing it in half. He turned around, angered, "I'm kinda BUSY, Lombax!" he growled, "Can't you SEE that WE are in the middle of a FIGHT!"

"I know! I know! So shut the fuck up and listen!" he scanned the battlefield, making sure no enemies had their sights locked on them, "I need you to take this kid back to the ship and get him medical help immediately!"

"WHAT!? Why ME!? Can't you go by yourself!?"

"Look, I'm a living being and you're a bot! So, I don't know if you noticed but they aren't targeting you as much as me!" he held the kid out, "I'm done if I'm shot! And I don't have claws or anything to protect myself! I NEED to fight! Nef! Please!"

The bot turned away, scoffing. Ratchet became desperate, "Nefarious, please."

Nefarious rolled his eyes and...held out his arms. Ratchet nodded gratefully, "Thanks!" he pulled out his blaster then, "Y'know, you aren't that bad, Nefarious."

"SHUT UP, you rat!" he turned, "When The Creator is dead and I'M in control, you're the first one I'm coming after, Lombax!"

"Looking forward to it!" Ratchet grinned, before turning back to the battlefield. Without another word, Nefarious took his leave.