[24] Lies

This chapter is inspired by the song above^^ you don't have to listen while reading (or listen to it all if you don't want to). So don't worry if you don't want to.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Phoebe]

Phoebe sat silently in the dimly lit room that The Council member sat her in.

Now, she wasn't stupid. This was an interrogation room and right when she sat in this seat, she decided she wasn't going to go down easy.

So there she sat. Lips pursed, eyes forward and glaring at the one-way mirror. She had her arms crossed, sitting up straight and tapping her foot impatiently. Idly, she wondered how Kaden was doing. Knowing him, if he had already gotten home he would be freaking out, looking everywhere for her. Maybe he was even calling her phone, which was confiscated a while ago.

She grumbled, counting the seconds as they passed on. Honestly, this all seemed like a waste of her fucking time.

Suddenly, the steel door to the room opened, revealing none other than Arc Cordero himself. He actually looked a bit weary, maybe even tired. And as he sat down, Phoebe noted the swollen eyes and frown on his face. When he finally situated himself, he leaned forward, placing his arms on the table and lacing his fingers together. He stared right into her eyes, "Good evening, Mrs. Callisto." he drawled out, "I assume you know why you are here?

Phoebe huffed, looking away, "No, I don't, actually." she let out a low growl, "Would you care to enlighten me?"

Surprisingly, Arc just raised a brow and let out a heavy sigh. "I just have a few questions I need to ask you." he said, "And, if I may add, I need you to answer them as truthfully as possible."

"And why should I do that?" she snapped back, but immediately regretted her words as Arc looked at her suspiciously, "Well then, I'd have no choice but to hold you here until I get the answers that I need." He replied, "Shall I continue? I believe we should get this over with so we could both go home."

For some reason, Arc's voice sounded excited to get this over with...

But Phoebe just shook her head in exasperation, "Begin."

Arc nodded in acknowledgment, clearing his throat with a small cough, "You know about Ratchet by now, correct?"

"I was told he came to you because he recalled his memories." Phoebe said coldly. This, of course, was a lie. Not like Arc would be able to tell though. She was smarter and knew not to reveal the truth that everyone discovered.

"I see..." Arc trailed off for a moment, before perking up again, "Has he ever told you anything about his past?"

"Never."

"Do you have any idea what his past was like?"

"No idea."

Arc hummed, slowly nodding and processing the information, "You see, Mrs. Callisto, I think you're lying."

Phoebe's head shot up and she glared at the man before her, "What did you say?"

"I think you know something."

"Why is that!?"

But Arc decided not to answer her question, rather, he smirked just a bit, "Just call it intuition." he whispered, looking into her eyes, "Ratchet's...Ratchet's past is very...complex it seems." he started tapping a finger on the table absentmindedly, "There's no need for me to tell you anything. So I won't. But, Mrs. Callisto, the reason why I am asking you to be honest is because this is a very dangerous situation."