[31] A New Face

This was supposed to be in two parts but I didn't feel like prolonging this...hopefully it is good the way it is 😅.

Anyways, what's in this chapter? Several POVs and a *lot* of talking. You'll see...think of it as a recap of events. Can't just go into things without explanations, after all. It's important to the characters, at least! So, obviously, this chapter is a bit slow towards the end...I hope you all like it nonetheless!

Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Ratchet]

"You look great!"

Ratchet stood in front of Qwark proudly, wearing a set of armor (that was pretty worn) found in one of the storage lockers. It hardly fits, but it would have to do...

The armor was made well, all things considered, with a black matte finish and a pristine purple visor that covered his eyes. His ears couldn't fit in the helmet, so...hopefully, he wouldn't get shot in the head or something like that.

"I feel great!" he replied, stretching out his arms in front of him to get an even better look at the black arm guards, shimmering a dark purple and blue once he moved it in the light, "A bit...glittery?"

"It's from the metal, you nit-wit!" Nefarious rolled his eyes, "Besides, that's the only piece that could fit you. You stupid squishy."

"Do you have to insult me in every sentence you speak?" Ratchet glared at him, "I'll have you know that-"

"-AND let's cut to the chase!" Qwark interrupted, cutting off the argument that was about to happen. "With our numbers so low and timing so...unfortunate, we...kind of have to hurry it up," he said nervously. Nefarious scoffed, "Here we go again..."

"Why? What's happening?" Ratchet asked. Qwark winced, rubbing the back of his neck, "Well...we just received intel that The Creator's silly little goons are making their next stop at the trading depot...so-" he looked down to Ratchet, "No time to train you!"

"WHAT!?" Nefarious shouted, making Ratchet wince, "You're gonna let THIS squishy go onto the battlefield where he could accidentally SHOOT someone!?"

"Well...not like you have many options...." Ratchet muttered, making Nefarious glare at him, "What did you say, RAT?"

"It's not like anyone else is helping!" Ratchet gestured to the people around them, all worse for wear, "You're soldiers are on their last legs! It's not like you could stop me anyways! I'm here to finish this!"

"Oooh! Great!" Qwark cheered, "Let me go rally our troops! The Creator waits for no one after all and the people need a heroic leader such as me to save the day!"

Ratchet rolled his eyes as the man skipped away. Nefarious growled in frustration and kicked over a nearby barrel, "Right when I WAnTeD to CLEAn my OWn systems!" he clenched his fists, stomping out of the room, "I hope HE dies!"

Ratchet shook his head in bewilderment. Honestly, at this rate, everyone was probably gonna die unless something here changed. These people here were too weak or wounded to continue for much longer, and it seemed like this "Creator" guy wasn't stopping anytime soon...

He needed to find a way to help these people and get them all pumped to fight, but at this rate, that didn't seem like it was going to happen.

He felt someone tap on his armored shoulder. He turned,

"Aaron...what are you doing here? Joining the fight?" he asked, glancing down at the heavy-looking blaster in the man's hands, along with a circular-looking device, "No...unfortunately I won't be blessing the battlefield with my presence." he grumbled, "I'll be on medic duty. But this...this is for you."