[45] The Race To Tomorrow

A short and sweet ending to a long and hectic journey...

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Ratchet surprisingly agreed to help Clank with his request.

The only problem was that they had to hide their work, making progress in little intervals in Ratchet's room at night. Not to mention how hard it was to "smuggle" parts into his room as well.

All things considered, it was taking a ridiculous amount of time, but Ratchet can only keep the husk of a robot Lombax in his closet for so long...

...

But still...life went on.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Clank]

Ratchet and Clank were both sitting in Ratchet's room, their "project" on the floor...

"The hoverboarding competition starts the day after tomorrow, and you don't even know how to balance right!" Ratchet sighed in exasperation, "You're toast."

"Well, I didn't even sign myself up. It was Oliver who did so. Therefore, it is not my fault."

"Yeah, but you have to race for me!" Ratchet whined, gesturing to his face. His wounded eye was now bandaged up, after successfully getting the surgery done to replace it with a prosthetic. Because of that, he could not race yet.

So now he is getting Clank to do it for him. Or maybe he just wanted to see him do it for entertainment purposes...

Clank would never know.

Ratchet groaned, "But you're a robot! You should be able to do this with no problem."

"And yet I have my flaws." Clank sighed, "There are downsides to being made so lifelike."

Ratchet just rolled his visible eye, "Whatever you say, Pal. At least make it past the first round."

"I shall make no promises." Clank closed up a hatch on a metal arm, satisfied with his work, "Besides, we-"

Ratchet's holo phone pinged, and he picked it up from his bed. He smiled, "It's Oliver."

"What did he say?"

"He asked if we are ready to lose at the race." he glared at his phone, typing back, "Ha! In his dreams..." Ratchet then set his phone back down, gaze going back to his friend, "What were you saying, Clank?"

The silver Lombax smiled softly, leaning back as he looked over his work so far,

"It appears we can finally close up the book now," he said,

...

"My work is complete."

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰