[35] Getting To Know You

A nice mix of angst and fluff here. This is just building up from here, so we're still in the "kinda-slow" stages. I'm sorry if it seems to be a bore, but I can't just rush anything. The past version of this story was quite rushed and absurd. I can't just move on without addressing important things...It wouldn't make sense for the characters to move on so quickly...I hope you all understand and don't get too bored right now and that the content is good to make up for it! The next chapter will be more exciting, I promise!

Anyways, here's a long chapter to make up for the wait...

Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Nova]

The Creator watched as they sat up from the lab table, eyes void of emotion.

"He he he...." a dark chuckle, "I knew that you would come to your senses.". Nova looked at him with a frown, displeased by the other robot's words. While they've come to hate the man with every fiber of their being, they have to admit that The Creator has been the only one to actually give them a chance.

Just like the tyrant stated before....he was offering them what they wanted...

And this wasn't an opportunity that they were just going to pass up, no matter how much it hurts.

The Creator tilted his head when he didn't receive an answer, looking over to a nearby lab assistant who was practically shaking in their boots, "Did you manage to damage something when inserting my device?"

"N-No, master! I made sure to be as careful as I could! I assure you that everything is in working order!" they stuttered out.

Nova itched the skin beneath the collar around their neck, wincing at the dull pain it caused.

"Everything is in working order, Master." they said, making their way off the table, "T-The information on your chip is being downloaded as we speak."

The Creator clasped his hands behind his back, looking up at Nova and smiling devilishly, "Good." He turned his back, beckoning Nova to come and follow him, "Now we can start going over some of the plans I have. Some of which you will have a say in."

Nova's ears perked up in surprise, looking down at the bot walking in front of him. And as they exited the lab and went into the main hall-

"You see, I figure that since you are helping me you should know these plans like the back of your hand." The Creator explained, "In other words...I don't want you to make one mistake at all. Do you understand?"

Nova shivered, "Y-Yes, Master!"

The Creator said nothing as they made it to the end of the hall, wide steel doors opening to reveal the main prison cell room. Along the walls were multiple cells, prisoners locked behind vibranium steel and faint electro-shields to keep them from even getting close to the bars. The trouble makers were chained, while the wounded were grouped together in tight, dirty cells.

Some were robots, while most were not. The robots locked up looked at Nova in envy, while the humans snarled and sent death glares. Wishing for nothing but their death.

Yet, with The Creator guiding them past them all, they felt oddly...safe from all of the prisoners' stares. They felt...invulnerable.

Maybe it was because everyone feared The Creator and Nova was...in his "care"...in a weird way. Because while The Creator may be small in stature, he wielded a powerful hand that spared no one that dared to defy him and his rule. He was ruthless. He was power-hungry. He was what caused fear.