[39] Kill Or Be Killed

Well....would you look at that title...

This chapter--->Hold on to your seats.

Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

[Ratchet]

Clank....

He reeled back in disbelief, looking as if he was about to faint. Arthur steadied him with a hand on his back, pushing him up to sit again. Ratchet couldn't hold back his bright smile as he finally composed himself enough to respond,

"Pal...you can't even imagine how happy I am to hear your voice again!" he chuckled, "It's...been a while...and I have so many questions! Like, how did we get here? How-Wait! Are you crying, pal?"

He heard a few sniffles come from Clank's end, which was odd. Clank was a robot and didn't produce tears so...

...

Clank was talking to someone...

"Sorry...there's no need for you to wipe my tears for me, Phoebe. I-I'm fine..."

"What...?" did Clank just say-

"Phoebe?" Arthur whispered into his ear, "Your mother?"

"Clank...who are you talking to?"

If somehow, someway, this was his mother...he wouldn't know what to say. How are you with them? How are they doing? Just...how!?

....

Do they know that they are my parents....?

He heard frantic rustling on the other end. Clank said something along the lines of "Computer? Radio? Something!" and more movement. Ratchet raised a brow as the volume of the radio suddenly increased.

"Ratchet! Say hello!" Clank implored him, sounding quite excited. Ratchet glanced at Arthur, who looked equally as confused. "Uh...hi? Clank...who am I talking to?"

There was a small stretch of silence as there was hushed whispering on the other end.

"Ratchet?"

That voice...!

"H-Hi, sweetie!"

Phoebe!

"P-Phoebe!?" Ratchet gasped, "How are-No! No! Clank, where are you!?"

"I am currently with the Lombaxes." Clank replied, "Specifically, I am with your family and friends."

Ratchet almost reeled back, "You-"

"I arrived here a few weeks ago, looking to reunite with you. Instead, I was found by your family and have been here ever since."

"W-Wow..." Ratchet was speechless. There were practically no words to convey what he was feeling and thinking right now, "T-That's...insane. I can't believe it! To think that you would get to meet all of them...wow!"

Clank let out his signature chuckle but it sounded a bit different. It was warmer, more human, and not at all robotic. And now that Ratchet thinks about it...Clank's voice sounded a bit off as well,

"I-I can't believe it...and, wait!" Ratchet hit the side of the radio lightly, "If you're with all of them I gotta know! I-Is Kaden safe!? Last time I saw him-"

"I'm more than fine, Ratchet!" and hearing Kaden's voice gave Ratchet such relief, "I'm glad to hear you again, kid! A-Are you...Are you safe?"