20

Before you read the last chapter, I would like to say thank you to those who stayed with this story until the end.

Sending my biggest hug to you, little polca, who is still hanging in there for taynew 💙

-
*contains 🔞
-

"This is Off, reporting for duty Mr. Vihokratana"

Off joked from the other line, I rolled my eyes.

"Cut the chase, peng"

I heard a loud laugh from the other line which made me feel more irritated.

I'm dead tired from a long trip and I've been sleep deprived since the night New and I last talked. And God, I miss him so much! So I am far to be in the mood to joke around right now, and the only reason I answered Off's call is because I want to hear some news about New. He was the only one I can contact to about it, given that he can't even stay away from New's best friend, who is his boy friend, Gun.

"Chill, Peng. You're so hot headed. He arrived safe and I already told him that you're in California like what you instructed"

Right. I am in California to New's knowldege for now, but the truth is, I am just a few hours away from the city. It's another white lie. I just don't want him to worry about me. I heard from Off that he found out that New's mother died a few days ago, and the state of his Father isn't good as well. I want him to focus on himself and all the things he needs to settle first and besides, I also need to breathe, just not in California.

I do not plan to go outside the country. I can't. Not when New's in here.

To be very honest, I'm already regretting my decision to leave the city. Even if it will only take me a few days because I badly wanted to be with New. I regret the moment I agreed to give him space, and knowing that we're not yet good, worries me a lot. I can't even work propely.

Gladly, my dad went home as soon as he received a call from me that I really need his help now, taking over all the work I left. I told him about New and he just laughed at me. He said I just need to give New some space to figure things out and he knew that New loves me so he will go back to me soon.

I am not convinced with what he said. I mean, I knew from a part of my heart that New likes me as well. I'm certain about it. But, maybe what I did was really unacceptable on his end. That was proven by the look of betrayal his eyes gave me that day. That time, I know whatever I say can't change his mind so I have to step back. If I push myself forcely at him, that might really break us and I never want that to happen.

"Aren't you going to ask me what his reaction was?"

I was brought back to reality when Off asked the question. I removed my suit before sitting down on the bed and gave it some time to think if I really wanted to know what New's reaction was in the idea of me flying to California without settling the war between us.

"Wh— what did he say?"

I asked, unsure. I heard a sigh from Off, which automatically makes me feel more down than ever.

"Sorry, peng. He said it's good for both of you. He just told me to tell you good luck"

Off said. The coldness of the message he wants to relay to me is enough for me to know that we might really be over this time and I badly fucked up. I can't blame New and I truly understand where he was coming from. Regardless how harmless my intention was, I still invaded his privacy.

A tear escaped my eye, but I immediately wiped it.

"You're not crying, aren't you?"

Off asked and I quietly sniffed before telling Off that I am not, and that I will be resting. He was supposed to tell me something but I already ended the call. I am really exhausted and all I want right now is to sleep this pain away and not think of anything for now.