pt .5

heejin pov

Ah 1am. It's became a common time for me.

I closed my laptop and stuffed it into my black minimalistic bag that I would carry to class. As I was heading to the my bed to lay down and fall asleep, a very familiar black van sped down the street.

"Should I?" I thought.

"But they almost spotted my in school today," my mind contradicted itself.

"I will go to sleep today," I told myself crawling into my bed.

The minute my head hit the pillow, I felt more awake than ever, my mind wondering to the possible whereabouts of the van.

"Ah fuck it," I told myself as I got out from my bed and turned on my bedroom light once more.

I grabbed my laptop from my bag and started tracking their van. With their van plate number, I can now track their location within the town. I ran across the room to grab my drone and activated it as I watched it fly out the window.

"Fly birdie," I muttered as my drone followed the van.

The van pulled up around the corner at a small-time bank. It was one of the few banks left that hasn't been robbed yet. I watched as four members got out of the van. I quickly pulled out the file with their profile to identify them as Juyeon, Hyunjae, Jacob and Kevin.

'Let's have fun shall we?'

The four members opened the bank door swiftly without a single glass shattering. I was about to follow behind them when I noticed a vent. Using the grappling hook on my drone, I pulled the vent cover open and flew in.

While my left hand continue to control the drone, my right worked its way across my laptop to bring up the layout of the bank and their vents. That was when my eyes laid perspective on a large room called ' The Vault'. They're probably heading there.

I followed the vents to the one right outside the vault, waiting for the members to arrive. The vault door was painted in a coating of shimmering gold, symbolising how much money was kept in there (hint: it's a lot).

On the vault door was the design of a dragon. In many cultures, a dragon was supposed to signify strength and was supposed usually meant to 'guard' something, in this case, the money of the people with all its strength. Well, sorry dragon, unfortunately, your strength isn't enough for what's coming tonight

Footsteps were heard clammoring against the metal floor of the vault basement quietly.

"Hak, open the vault door," I heard  instructed.

Immediately, the vault door creaked open ever so slightly, letting Jacob pull it open easily.

"220 grand. That's it. Let's try to make this short," Jacob reminded the group as they rushed into the vault.

"220 grand? That's too much isn't it?" I mumbled to myself.

Kevin and Jacob stood at the doorway of the vault keeping guard as Juyeon and Hyunjae went to stuff bundles and bundles of cold hard cash into their bags.

"Imma cut it just a tad short," I talked to myself as I hacked into the bank security system.

There, on my laptop screen, displayed the whole security system that led to the vault. The ones encrypted in red were the ones planted by the mafia's hacker.

His codes were different now. They were stronger, harder to de-code and took a much longer time to resume the normal codes of the security systems. By the time I had managed to recode one, Juyeon's bag was almost full with cash. Weighing my odds, there was a less of a chance for me to stop them from stealing that amount of cash.

I flew my drone out of the vents to see their van sitting right outside with the bank.

I'll leave them a note.

I programmed my drone to print and dispense a name card where the message was written in bold anton font in maroon colour. Though it was fitting since, well, mafia go shoot shoot.

I controlled the drone to leave it on their windshield like one of those hidden fine tickets you would find when you illegally park along the street. With that, I flew my drone back and went back into my room, awaiting their response.

Sangyeon POV

The door opened itself to reveal the four members that were sent out to the bank. It was faster today as my eyes shot to the clock to see that it was only 1:45.

"No trouble?" I asked, as Juyeon and Hyunjae poured the money onto the coffee table in the living room.

Soon, one by one, the members started taking their share of the money collected. 220 split eleven ways, 20 grand each. A good enough value for our savings and whatnots.

"None. Maybe she noticed the camera and stopped?" Jacob raised.

Before I could answer, one of the men walked up to me and passed me a card.

"Or maybe not," I said, showing Jacob the card. "Okay. Okay. Settle down!" I ordered, silencing the noisy living room from before.

Thank god for staying at the corner of the town. Neighbours would've complained about our noise levels at 1am.

"Looks like, we have another message from our hacker," I raised the issue, showing them the name card held in between my index and middle finger. "Let's play a game, shall we?" I read the card out loud before flinging it to Haknyeon.

The boy caught the card and flipped to the back to see a server link.

"Projecting," the boy stated as he screen shared to the television in the living room.