pt .28

Heejin POV

After that night, I had to relay the information that their leader has now, sadly passed away, at the hands of his own daughter. It was heartbreaking, to know that Dad was no longer here for the same reason Mom had. Mafia.

Sometimes, I wished I wasn't born into the mafia world. At the same time, the mafia world has taught me a lot more than what I could've possibly learn in the normal life. I grabbed my laptop and started sending the message to my gang.

ΉΣᄂᄂӨ. ƬΉIƧ IƧ JΣӨП ΉΣΣJIП. ƬӨDΛY, MY FΛƬΉΣЯ ΉΛƧ, ЦПFӨЯƬЦПΛƬΣᄂY, ᄂΣFƬ ƬΉIƧ ЩӨЯᄂD. ƬΉΣ ЯΣΛƧӨП FӨЯ ΉIƧ DΣΛƬΉ IƧ MΣ. ΉΣ ΉΛD
ƧΛᄃЯIFIᄃΣD ΉIMƧΣᄂF ƧӨ ƬΉΛƬ I ᄃӨЦᄂD
ᄃӨПƬIПЦΣ BΣIПG ЦПDΣЯᄃӨVΣЯ, ΛПD ƧӨ ƬΉΛƬ ӨЦЯ ΣMPIЯΣ ᄃΛП ᄃӨПƬIПЦΣ ƬӨ GЯӨЩ. ΛƧ YӨЦ, I ΛM DΣΣPᄂY ƧΛDDΣПΣD BY ƬΉIƧ, BЦƬ ЩΣ ᄃΛП ӨПᄂY MӨVΣ FӨЯЩΛЯD ΛПD ЦPΉӨᄂD ӨЦЯ GЯΣΛƬ ᄂΣΛDΣЯ'Ƨ ΣFFӨЯƬ. ƬΉΛПK YӨЦ.

I sent it and quickly erased my technology trail before Haknyeon could possibly dig it back up. Just then, there was a knock on my door. I quickly opened my drone spreadsheet instead and pretended like I was doing something else.

"Come in!" I yelled.

The door opened to see Younghoon. Eric was behind him, but stopped just before entering my room.

"Morning, Heejin!" Younghoon greeted.

"Morning, Younghoon. Morning, Eric," I greeted back, acknowledging the younger's presence.

Instead, Eric hid further behind the wall. I placed my laptop to the side, allowing my legs to hand over the edge of my bed.

"What's Eric doing here?" I asked.

"Eric was, well, clearing up from yesterday and he found something in your father's jacket pocket. He wanted to pass it to you," Younghoon shared.

"Why wouldn't he tell me himself?" I asked.

"He was scared," Younghoon shared bluntly.

"Of what?" I asked.

"Of you? Or maybe just scared to bring up about your father after last night," the boy suggested.

"It's the second one," Eric exclaimed from outside.

I let out a small chuckle.

"Eric, you can come in you know. I'm not traumatised but my father anymore," I pointed out.

Younghoon raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe not," I rephrased.

Eric turned around the corner and came in. In his hands, was a brown leather jacket that Dad would usually wear everywhere. Around the house, during heists, during murders, anything and everything.

"Here," Eric said, passing me the jacket.

"Thank you," I thanked.

The minute I held onto it, I could tell what Dad had left. I rummaged through the pocket to pull out a small picture of the family, including Mom. I couldn't help but break into a small smirk, letting out a scoff too. The borders of the picture were stained yellow with the occasional blotches of dried blood. Younghoon came over to take out the bandage on my waist.

"Is that your mother?" Younghoon asked.

I gave him a nod.

"She looks like you. Very pretty," Younghoon complimented.

I let out a small choked laugh, "Thank you, Younghoon."

I could see his eyes brighten at the fact I answered him, when I would usually push him away whenever he asked about family.

"I'll keep this," I said, placing the picture behind me. "You can throw this," I gave the jacket back to Eric.

"Thought so," the younger one said before leaving the room.

"Hold still, alright," Younghoon advised.

I nodded in acknowledgement as he placed the new gauze on my wound.

Time Skip

Soon, the day was almost done, and I was just about to sleep when I actually wanted to go get some water. It was really late at night, about 10pm or so. I opened my room door, waiting for one of their henchmen to start questioning me on why I'm awake and out of bed, when... there wasn't any.

I slowly walked down the stairs and to the kitchen to fetch a cup to drink from. The minute I turned from the cabinet, I came face to face with Changmin.

"Ah!" I let out a yelp.

"Sorry," Changmin apologised, moving out of the way for me to pour the water. "What're doing up? All of us don't have anything tonight," he asked.

"I know. I just wanted some water," I shared, lifting the cup to my lips.

Changmin took a glass to do the same. It was deadly quiet between the two of us as we drank in silence.

"There are no... guards outside my room now," I pointed out.

"Oh yeah. Now that your Dad is gone, we just don't see the need for extra men to be outside your room for patrol," Changmin shared. "You also know how to fight and use a gun. So, we assume, that you'll be able to defend yourself when needed."

"Ohh understandable," I acknowledged the explaination.

I quickly washed my glass and wished Changmin a 'Good Night' before leaving for my room. I closed my door behind me quietly before shuffling over to grab my laptop. I turned it on.

Now that there were less guards at night. It would be easier for my gang to infiltrate and capture the other members. The only thing left, is to ensure that on that night, everybody is at home. It was rare for all of us to be together in one place. Mainly because people like Sunwoo and Chanhee work other jobs to get their extra pay.

"Now, how do I-" I talked to myself.

"Haknyeon," I remembered.

Haknyeon has the whole list of when the members are out and why they're out. No one gets in and out for he mansion without passing Haknyeon. It was a security factor in case one of us don't come back; at least we know where we were last seen.

I know what I'll be doing tomorrow~