pt. 31

heejin pov

We headed back to the house, with our defeat in our hands. Sangyeon decided to call it a night since everybody was too exhausted to even get out of the van. One by one, we filed into our rooms, and one by one, we dozed off to sleep. From what I know, Younghoon was the last one to go to sleep since he had to go around and ensure that all of us were alright after the gun war earlier.

"Good night Heejin," he wished.

"Good night Younghoon!" I wished, slightly more cheery.

"See you tomorrow," he wished before closing the door.

"See you," I replied, turning around to face away from my door.

I heard the door close with a click, making me sit up in bed. I waited till I could hear another click from the other end of the hallway.

click.

Younghoon was in his room. I took my laptop and turned it on to hack through the CCTV of the mansion. Now, with Haknyeon on my side, it was so much easier for me to go through the house's surveillance system. Thankfully, there was a camera right outside of Younghoon room. You couldn't see straight into it but you could see the light emitting from his window.

It was honestly a really bad design but it was amazing for me. Soon, the light turned off. It meant that Younghoon was about to fall asleep. A person's sleep cycle, is usually one and a half hours. That meant that it would take about 25 minutes for him to fall into deep sleep and not be woken up.

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door. I slammed my laptop down and hid it underneath my blanket before the person outside managed to open the door.

"Psst, Heejin, it's me. Haknyeon," the person whispered.

Recognising the voice, I turned around with my laptop.

"Don't just stand there. Come here," I whispered loudly.

He closed the door behind him and entered my room. I reopened the laptop on my bed and hacked back into my system.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"Younghoon just turned in for the night. He's going to pass out in about 25mins, which gives us the chance to drug them and get them to my main base," I shared.

ƬΉΣ KIDƧ ΛЯΣ ΛƧᄂΣΣP. BΣ ΉΣЯΣ IП 25.

"And now, we wait," I said.

"The kids? Really?" Haknyeon asked.

"Y'all are still technically rookies, no matter how many towns you've been to, or stole from," I pointed out. "Y'all also only aim for the small stuff that make it to the local newspaper. A baby can do that."

Even in the darkness of the room, I could see Haknyeon roll his eyes. He let out a scoff at how I managed to talk down to him.

"But... when you join us~" I said, pulling him towards me; hands gripped onto his shirt. "You're going to make headlines," I continued breathily. "Hm? Baby?" I called him.

I could see his ears perk up and eyes widen in anticipation. Before he could lean in, I quickly pushed him away teasingly. I let out a small 'tsk' of frustration. We continued to sit there and monitor the security cameras, 25 minutes has passed and the crunch of gravel could be heard from the first security camera.

"Now, we disable the alarms," Haknyeon said, pulling my laptop towards him.

He typed in a few override codes.

The trucks ran over the trip lines with ease and silence. It was not long until the first pane of glass was heard crashing from one of the rooms beside us. A loud dolphin scream erupted from it.

"Changmin," Haknyeon and I noted.

Jacob pov

Changmin's dolphin scream erupted through the hallway, making me shout up in my bed. I ran out of my rooms quickly and into the room beside mine, Haknyeon.

"Hak, wake up, we're getting attacked!" I shouted pulling the covers of what I had thought to be the boy.

Instead, it was just a bunch of pillows. I stepped backwards in shock. I was about to turn back out the door when Haknyeon's window absolutely shattered in front of me.

I was pushed back from the impact, hitting the opposite wall. My hand rose to my head, trying to sooth the pain. I removed my hand to see a dark liquid glisten from the moonlight that entered the room.

"What the hell?" I cursed, getting up from the floor.

My vision was cloudy as the whole room filled itself with smoke. My hand reached up to feel for the door knob. However, before I could even reach it, I felt my arm getting pulled away from it. I had came face to face with what seemed like a someone in a black SWAT suit.

'Did we really get caught by the police now?'

I was about to get ready to get cuffed but instead, I had a cloth forced around my nose and mouth. This made me jolt awake. I kicked the stranger away, sending them across the room.

I didn't know what the hell was going on, but all I knew was that, I had to get out of this room. It's better that way. I forced myself onto my legs, holding onto Haknyeon's bed for support. I dragged my legs over to the door and opened to see another stranger coming out from Kevin's room, opposite mine. On his shoulder was a familiar black haired boy on his shoulder.

"Put Kevin down, fucker!" I shouted, kicking the stranger into Kevin's room.

Kevin fell from his shoulder and onto the floor. Thankfully, I managed to catch his head before it slammed on the floor.

"Kevin! You gotta wake up! Wake up!" I shouted down at the unconscious boy.

My attention now turned to the stranger in Kevin's room.

"What the fuck did you do to him?!" I shouted at the man inside.

"The same thing we're going to do to you," a voice spoke behind me.

I totally forgot about him, but it was too late to get up as they wrapped the cloth around my nose and mouth. I tried to punch the man away but it was no use. I started to lose oxygen and in the end, lost this battle to the unknown.

 I started to lose oxygen and in the end, lost this battle to the unknown