epilogue

changmin pov

After getting disciplined, they seperated us, probably to avoid communication and discussion on how to escape. It was not fun walking down the hallway with open cuts and bruises inflicted by my equivalent.

They lined my cell with plastic, probably to prevent the blood, seeping out of my cuts, from staining the floor. I laid down on the cell bed, staring up into the stone brick ceiling. I let out a sigh, seeing my current situation.

'There was no way we could get out from here.'

Not long after, there was a knock on my cell door.

"Come in?" I answered, more like a question.

The door swung open to reveal Younghoon's equivalent coming in with a metal cart. It's scary being on the receiving end of this whole thing. Now I understand how Heejin and Suyeon felt when I was brought in. It sucked. I sat up from my bed, letting my legs dangle off. The boy looked about the same age as me, if not slightly younger. He squatted down so that he could stare up at me.

"Hello, my name's Jae-hwa, I'll be taking care of you from now on," he introduced himself.

I nodded my head, acknowledging it. He turned to his metal cart and quickly prepared the iodine gauze and bandages. I rolled up my shirt sleeve to help him with the process

"This is going to hurt, a lot, so just- relax okay," he said.

After that, he carefully placed the gauze over the scar, making me let out a really loud scream that echoed through the cell.

"Ah! It hurts! It hurts! It hurts!" I whined, trying to harvest the pain into something else.

"Hyeon really did something to you," Jae-hwa mumbled underneath his breath. "And.. there you go. One down, many more to go."

Jae-hwa went to prepare another set of gauze and iodine, saying that this might take a while. I'm not sure what kind of force in me made me do it, but I decided to strike up a conversation.

"How old are you, Jae-hwa?" I asked.

"20," he replied simply. "You're 23 aren't you?" he asked.

"Y-Yeah," I replied, shuttering from shock.

It was silence afterwards as he came over with the new gauze and bandage for my other arm. I rolled up my sleeve once again, to help him, before getting slapped in the face by a hell lot of pain.

"H-How did you get into this?" I asked, referring to the mafia work line he was in.

"For one, everyone in White Rose were born into it. Our parents were business partners and that led to their kids, playing and training together," Jae-hwa explained.

"So y'all are second generation White Roses," I tried to catch on.

"Third actually," he corrected, walking back to me with a new set. "Stay still," he advised, as he bent down to reach my leg.

I could literally kick him right there and then. Knock him out and search him for keys or anything to get out of this place. But seeing the situation, and the collar around my neck, I don't think it would be beneficial to either of us. Jae-hwa placed the iodine gauze on my leg and wrapped it gently. My hands gripped onto the side of the bed, trying to surpress the painful feeling.

"Last one~" he muttered getting up from the floor.

"How long do you think Heejin is going to keep us?" I asked.

"What type of question is that?" he asked with a scoff. "For eternity," he stated.

"Eternity?" I repeated.

"Or you know, until you pass away, that is," he added. "You're the White Rose's property now. Anyone who touches you, is immediately an enemy," he continued to explain.

"For eternity," I mumbled, giving myself a defeated smile.

"But we ain't THAT bad though. I mean, excluding Hyeon, we're at least decent people," Jae-hwa pointed out.

"I noticed," I commented. "You knocked on your prisoner's cell door," I raised.

"See? Decency," he played along as a joke.

He lifted the last iodine stain bandage and squatted down.

"It just- takes time for you to adjust to our culture. For starters, never look at Hyeon dead in the eye, unless told otherwise," Jae-hwa said, wrapping the bandage up around my leg.

"I thought so," I replied, referring to the cuts, that were slightly excessive.

Jae-hwa stood back up, a small relatable smirk on his face. Just then, the door opened to reveal a tall lean black haired boy. His fringe looks like it was about to poke his eyes. I recognised him from earlier. He was the one terrorising Juyeon, if I remember correctly. There were just way to much shouting from before that I felt my mind become cloudy from sensory overload.

"You couldn't have knocked?" Jae-hwa deadpanned.

"Are you done yet? Boss asked to meet him," the boy answered the same way.

"Just finished. You can take him," Jae-hwa replied.

The boy entered to room and stalked over to me. He was definitely tall, really tall in fact. Before I could say anything, he grabbed me by my handcuffs and pulled me out of the room. My legs ached from being forced onto them and then having to walk up several flights of stairs. The boy opened the door to reveal a large office which had bookshelves on top of bookshelves.

"Boss! The boy you wanted is here!" he shouted through the room.

I looked up and saw a girl pop her head out before rushing down.

"Hyunseo," the girl started. "You can just call me Heejin, you know that right?" her voice chimed as she exited the stairwell.

"You're the boss?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes. You know, after father left," she replied with the same energy.

She stalked up to us slowly.

"Thank you Hyunseo-ah," the girl thanked before giving the boy beside me a small peck.

The boy was quick to turn on his heels and walk out of the room, leaving me alone with this she-devil.

"I see Jae-hwa has visited you," she said, referring to the bandages.

I forced myself not to roll my eyes.

"You wanted to see me?" I brought up the topic.

"Yes yes. I have your first mission," she introduced.