pt. 11

heejin pov

I turned my legs to look at the cuts made.

Get up!

A demonic voice shouted from the back of my head.

Get up, Heejin!

I stared into the floor, as I tried to push the voice out of my head.

Weak.

My thoughts were cut off as the door opened again. My eyes were fixated on the door when a tall boy came in. He wore a long white jacket and came in with another cart, a med cart this time. I quickly turned my head, scared to look at him. He noticed my fear and squatted down until he could look up at me.

"Hello, I'm Younghoon," he spoke. "I'll be taking care of you. Would you let me do that?" he asked.

My head tilted up slightly before giving him a small nod.

"Right," he began walking over to his cart to take out a roll of bandages and gauzes.

Younghoon pov

The girl turned around out of curiosity to see what I was doing. A smile found its way onto my face. After preparing the bandage and gauze, I offered a hand, palm open and easy for her to reach.

I knew Changmin could do some damage but it sure looked like it would be painful to move with these cuts. They were long ones that reached from one side of her arm to the other; some stretched from the top of the limb to the end of it.

The girl hesitated slightly before taking my hand. I pulled her gently towards me, so that it would be easier to treat her wounds. Her legs dangled over the foot of the bed and I started to wrap her forearm with the bandage that was attached with Iodine-wet gauzes.

As I covered her wounds, awaiting a loud scream or a wince, it never came. Instead, the girl showed not a single sign of endurance or pain.

"This is where you usually wince," I pointed out, trying to make a joke.

"I got hurt a lot when I was younger, and recently, so I don't feel a lot of physical pain," Heejin shared openly.

"Didn't your parents ever tell you to not get hurt?" I asked, finishing up the first bandage.

The girl was silent. I tilted my head downwards to see her face. Tears were practically threatening to fall from her eyeline.

"Hey, hey. Look. First wound is covered up!" I tried to raise another topic to talk about.

The girl raised her head and looked over at her right arm to see it covered up.

"Just another 11 more," I continued.

The girl nodded her head before going back to staring into space. That was a summary of the girl throughout the whole session. She would nod here and there but never actually speak full sentences.

"I'll come back tomorrow morning to change your bandages. It's getting late. You should take a rest," I advised.

"Thank you," the girl responded, trying to put on a broken smile.

"You're welcome," I replied before leaving her room.

After ordering one of the henchmen to bring my cart back to my office, I emerged into the living room to see the group gathering in the living room.

"Ah, Younghoon, just on time," Sangyeon welcomed.

I turned my head to see Changmin inviting me to sit beside him.

"Hak, continue," Sangyeon ordered.

"Well, I was digging some stuff up on her for Sangyeon-hyung and found this," Hak said, projecting his laptop to show us an article on the television. "It says here that her mother passed away mysteriously when she was young and that her father was abusive towards her, until the start of High School," Hak began.

I took the laptop from Hak and began scrolling through the article.

"Where's the father now," Jacob asked.

"Mental Hospital," Hak stated.

I scrolled to the bottom for my eyes to widen.

"Check this out," I said as I enlarged the article so that it was easier to read. "He used to choke her, slap her and even cut her," I summarised.

A gasp escaped Changmin's lips. "That's explains why she was so scared of knives earlier," the boy explained.

"Changmin, any sane person would be scared of knives," Sunwoo teased.

"Okay firstly, drop the hyung one more time and I'll drop your ass from the balcony. Secondly, no. What I mean is that her mood totally changed as soon as she saw the knife," Changmin explained. "It was like she had a flashback to her days with her father. It seemed like she couldn't even recognise me for a second."

"Younghoon, you went in after Changmin. Was she still like this?" Sangyeon asked.

"She looked overly traumatised after Changmin's session," I added. "And when I was treating her wounds, she showed no sign of pain endurance whatsoever," I continued.

"Did you use that iodine thingy?" Eric asked. I nodded. "That hurts like hell," Eric commented.

"I know but she was practically immune to that thing. She was so used to it that it probably felt like an ant bite for her," I continued.

'I also asked about her family but I probably shouldn't talk about that.'

"So what do we do?" Kevin asked.

"Let's try not to use violence against her," Sangyeon instructed.

"That's a little contradicting considering we're a mafia," Hyunjae pointed out.

"But we have to try to do it, or else, she'll never cooperate with us," Jacob began.

"And that would mean that we're back to square one. Having to sneak around the city's security like a bunch of rookies," Juyeon continued.

"Right. We should only use it if needed as the last resort," Jacob continued.

Everybody around the room nodded in agreement and acknowledgement.

"Right, since all of us are in agreement..." Sangyeon started. "Meeting dismissed," he continued.

 "Meeting dismissed," he continued