Chapter 28

Thanit's pov:

I couldn't stop the smile that formed on my lips as I watched how Tae and Forth interacted.

Tae has refused to leave Forth's side even for a second ever since morning.

I couldn't really blame him.

He only recently found out that he has a blood relative who actually cares about him after all.

"He looks genuinely happy from the bottom of his heart. It's been so long since he's made that expression." Mew mumbled.

I nodded in agreement.

"Forth hasn't been that happy in a long time either." Lam who was standing next to me sighed.

"I've heard twins are like two halves of a whole. They need each other to feel whole again. I never believed it to be true but now i do." Park added.

Lam, Mew, and i nodded in agreement.

There was always that emptiness in his eyes no matter what we did.

But now it's gone.

The missing piece has joined together.

I hope nothing bad happens anymore and he can always keep that smile on his face.

Tae's pov:

"You heard about the others already?" I asked surprised.

"Mew told me all about them." Forth smiled and nodded.

I bit my lips.

"It's ok. They're all my family as much as you are." He patted my head.

I smiled widely and hugged him tightly.

He chuckled and hugged me back just as tight.

"Why do you live an hour away? It's far..." I pouted while clinging to him.

"I can't help it. I didn't know about you. So I couldn't really move into a nearby place, could I? It's a miracle that we're in the same state even." He replied.

I sighed and nodded in agreement.

"I've heard that you own a big company." He tilted his head.

"Yeah. TF enterprise. I'm thinking of stepping down as the CEO though." I laid down with my head on his lap.

"Why?" He frowned.

"Our friend Kim. You met him before. He has to take care of 90% of the work because we aren't able to go to work most of the time. Our mood swings, switches, and other things aren't the most predictable. And as you know, there are only very few adults in the system. 3 out of the other 6 are trauma holders. It's not the best work combo." I explained.

"So you're going to hand over the position to Kimmon?" He patted my head.

"Yeah. That's the best decision. We all agree with that. I'm still going to be a big shareholder so I'll earn money even if I don't work as CEO. So it's better for both the company and for our mental health as well." I answered.

He nodded. "If that's what you want, then do it."

I smiled and hummed. "What about you? What are you working as?"

"I own a hair salon in my neighborhood. It's been doing pretty well." He smiled.

"Heeeyynnn... I told you you had a knack for doing hair." I grinned.

"You were right. It's something I enjoy and your words back then were a big encouragement for me to pursue it." He fiddled with my hair.

I took his hand and fiddled with his fingers.