Chapter 33

Ok this chapter is going to be completely different from how it was before.
So do read it.
I'll be deleting the existing comments since they will no longer relate to the content of this chapter. Readers who haven't read the chapters before this might get confused so I'm deleting the comments to avoid that.

Mew's pov:

I pursed my lips as i looked at Ethan.

He was curled into a ball in the far corner of the room and had his face hidden in his knees.

His body was trembling and i could hear his small sobs.

I should have gone slower...

I triggered too many memories at once...

I went a bit closer but made sure to keep a distance.

I knelt infront of him and tapped the floor lightly to gain his attention.

He shakily looked up at me.

"You're not in that place anymore. You're home with me. With Tha. You're safe. No one will touch you without your permission here. No one will force you to do anything against your will." I said gently but firmly.

He bit his lips and looked down.

"Now, don't think I'm saying you shouldn't be scared." I added quickly.

He looked back up at me.

"It's totally ok to be scared. Those memories are really painful and traumatic. It's completely normal to be scared. And it's ok. You're not weak or anything because you're scared." I explained.

I could clearly see even more tears start forming in his eyes.

I slowly reached out to him.

"Can i touch you?"

He flinched and shook his head.

I immediately retracted my hand. "Ok. I'll stay here then. Can you do something for me?"

He tightened his arms around his knees and nodded slightly.

"Can you tell me about the things you and Tha did together 2 days ago?" I sat down on the floor properly. 

He looked at me blankly. 

I smiled softly. "I wasn't there that day. So I want to know about the fun things you guys did together." 

I could see his body visibly relaxing as he remembered the memories from 2 days ago. 

"W-we... Listened to music together... He showed me a new song Leo had written and recorded himself singing... We m-made some cookies together as well..."

I nodded.

"That sounds like a lot of fun."

His body had relaxed a lot and a very small barely noticeable smile decorated his face.

"We'll end it here for today ok?" I added making him look at me.

"But i..."

"You did great. You were able to talk about things you couldn't even say a word about before. That's a great achievement there." I assured him.

He slowly nodded.

"Let's go to the bedroom and you can get some rest if you want." I suggested.

He nodded standing up.

I stood aside and kept a bit of distance as he went out of the study and to the bedroom.

I could tell he was feeling uncomfortable after laying down under the duvet.