Chapter 27

Blake's pov:

I shakily reached into the box and took out the pendant.
(A/N: Picture at the top.)

I could never forget this pendant.

Tears formed in my eyes as I observed the all too familiar engraving on the back.

"From the ashes, I shall rise"

"Wh-who gave this?!" I looked at Thanit and Mew.

"I think you know the answer to that, right?" Mew smiled.

My eyes widened.

"You found him?"

They nodded.

"We want to surprise Tae for his birthday so we're keeping it a secret for now. We didn't expect him to send a gift for your birthday as well. But it seems that he remembers." Thanit.

I bit my lips as I looked back at the pendant in my hand.

"It looks a bit old. But it's been maintained well." Tee muttered while observing it.

"This is his pendant. P'Lory had given us each a pendant. But our one doesn't have the best memories attached to it." I sighed.

They nodded.

Just then, I noticed another note inside the box.

I took it out and read it.

The other one is safe with me. I know the pendants are a kind of security for you guys. Especially you, Blake. It is the same for me as well. So I'm giving you mine and keeping the one with bad memories for you associated with it with me. I hope it's ok.

I smiled and clutched it tightly in my hand. 

Of course, it's ok... It's more than ok...

I never thought I would get to see this one again. 

I thought he would have already lost it even if he was alive. 

But he's taken care of it so well. 

It's a little worn out around the edges but other than that, it looks brand new. 

I can't wait to see everyone's reaction when they meet him. 

They're probably going to freak out. 

Especially Tae. 

"Does he know about Forth?" I looked at Thanit and Mew. 

"Yup. It's going to be a little awkward in the beginning but he said he'll try his best to get close to each of you including him." Mew answered. 

I nodded relieved. 

I kept the box aside and put the pendant around my neck. 

Tae's pov:

I frowned deeply and pouted while glaring at Leo who was standing in front of me.

"Why can't I check out what's going on? I want to know what they did for his birthday." I whined for the nth time.

"I know that. But I'm not the one blocking you. Blake is. I'm sure he's doing it for a reason." He patted my shoulder.

I sighed and slumped onto the couch dejected.

I was looking forward to what they would do for his birthday.

I knew they had something planned but I didn't ask.

But now he's blocking me and won't let me find out what they did even.

Will came up behind me and squeezed my shoulder gently.