Chapter 34

Mew's pov:

Since i knew Abbey would have a harder time than others to talk, i decided to keep his session in the comfort room.

That way, he would have his comfort items within reach if he needed them.

"It's going to be a little scary since we'll be talking about something scary that happened before. But I'll be right here beside you the whole time ok? And if it gets too much, we'll stop immediately." I coaxed him when i saw how he was already anxious before we even started.

He hugged his teddy bear close to his chest and nodded.

We were sitting on the floor in the middle of the room and his plush toys were arranged around him.

"Can you tell me about what happened that day?" I asked after i saw that he was comfortable.

He immediately tensed at that.

But i kept quiet and waited for him to talk.

"Th-that d-ay... S-some sc-ary me-n ca-me... Th-they were y-yelling... At p'Ri-na... Ab-out so-me mo-ney..." Tears started forming in his eyes.

I moved closer to him and patted his head gently.

"It's ok. Abbey is very brave. You're doing great." I said gently helping him slowly calm down.

"Th-they t-ook so-me bl-ack thi-ngs out a-and i-t wa-s sc-ary... Th-ey ma-de lo-ud sou-nds... A-and th-there w-was bloo-d..." He started shaking badly.

"Ok that's enough. We'll stop here." I intervened quickly and pulled him into my embrace.

He buried himself in my arms and started sobbing.

I tightened my arms around him and rocked us back and forth slightly whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

It's still too much for him... He can't handle it...

I need to use another method...

Maybe i should focus on the triggers first.

Work on slowly getting him used to loud sounds little by little.

Show him that there's nothing to be scared of. That he's safe.

I'll try that.

Talking about it directly isn't going to work since he can't even get past a few sentences before panicking.

8 months later:

Thanit's pov:

".... Ethan what did you just say?" I asked unbelieving.

He looked down and fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

"C-can you kiss me..." He asked softly.

I blinked profusely.

So i wasn't hallucinating.

He really asked me to kiss him.

I stepped forward and took his hands in mine.

"Are you sure? Are you positive you can handle it?" I asked slowly.

He bit his lips and shook his head.

I blinked.

"I... Don't know... I-if it'll be ok... B-but i want to t-try..." He squeezed my hands.

I smiled warmly.

"Can i ask why you want to try it? And before you over think, I'm not asking because i don't want to do it. I'm just curious."

"I... I wa-want to have nice memories... R-regarding such th-ings... I want to r-rewrite the painful ones..." He answered.