Chapter 9

Kenzie's POV

"Go up there" mom whispered to me.
I slowly got up looking at my surroundings,everybody was starring at me,i finally made it to the stand next to my fathers coffin.

"Here you go kiddo" the preacher said to me moving out of the way so I could get up there.

I looked around and I saw Jennifer and Lily out in the crowd,i gave them a small wave.

"Um hi,how is everybody doing?" I asked,mumbles of good fill the air.

"My father was all I really had left when my mother died,well except for my friends of course" everyone laughed
What the heck this is a funeral."it was hard to play a roll of a father and a mother at the same time.my father was very depressed after my mom died,and when he later learned she died pregnant that was really hard,and believe me it was hard for me too.
Being 3 I didn't really understand so of course I wasn't depressed,when my moms funeral came,i remember after my dad sent me to go live with my bestfriend/boyfriend kyle.i thought my dad didn't want me anymore,because it seemed like I was there for a year.my dad finally got over depression and promised me that I was number one and he loves me.when I was 5 we went to go visit my moms grave,and he promised,he would never leave me,but he broke that" I said tearing up a little bit "okay so throughout them years to now,my dad was happy,he loved me,he treated me like a princess,and I had my friends by my side,justine,kyle,dakota,Jennifer,and Lily,but fast forward to this year and about 3 weeks ago,my dad told me he was marring a woman,i meant her,and her kids,and let's say,it all seemed to much,my dad died the same way my mom did,and now Elizabeth adopted me and is my mom,so can I just say I love you Elizabeth or mom." she blew me a kiss "so what I'm trying to say no matter how I acted,or what we were going through,my dad was always there for me,and he didn't deserve to die,he would take a bullet for me,i would take a bullet for him,mark lane,my dad, was a great man,but I hope he is happier up there telling my mom that I miss her and will be reunited with her again."i said crying,i ran off the stage.

I ran outside and sat down and cried,a couple minutes later kyle came out
"You did great" he said hugging me
"I want to be with my mom and dad" I cried.
"No baby you can't you have to stay with us"he cooed
I just cried harder into his chest.
"Let's go home" he said considering the funeral was over.
"Did-did they already burry him?" I sniffled.
He nodded his head.
"Awh crap" I sighed.

"Cmon lets go"kyle said pointing to my mom.

I got up and walked back to my mom with him.

We got in the car and headed home.

"Bye kyle I love you" I said when mom pulled up to his house.

"Bye princess I love you to" he said

"You guys are relationship goals"my mom smiled,but that quickly faded when she saw my face drop.

"Hun I'm sorry" she frowned .

"It's okay"

"Bye justiney and Kota love you guys" I said when we got to their houses,they were going to hang out,and I think that by tomorrow they will be dating js

"Bye love you to" they said in sync.

"Alright let's go home" my mom said turning around to get to my house.

__________________________

"Boys come down here!" My mom shouted.

They all came running down

"Listen up! Kenzie will be joining magcon with you this week,i already talked to Bart and stuff,anyways she is coming with you because she has a dance competition in New York,and Magcon is in New York. I already talked to mahogany and she said she can do stuff for kenzie and she knows the dance schedule and stuff,mackenzie your stuff is already packed and you leave at 3am tomorrow"my mom explained.