Chapter 18

Mackenzies pov

I woke up to hear skylynn crying.
Oh boy.

"Sky what's wrong?" I asked rushing into her room,

"I had a nightmare that mommy wasn't in her room" she sniffled.

"Aw but mommy is in her room" I said

She got up and I followed her she went to moms room and we saw that she she wasn't there,so Sky started crying again.

I picked her up and rested her on my hip and we started walking down the steps to the kitchen.

I looked at the fridge and there was a note taped to it :

Mackenzie-

I'm sorry I left without waking you up,but i had to leave at 4 am.This is just work business so nothing exciting! Skylynn probably would of woken you up by crying which is usual.i will not be back till late at night so you and sky will be the only ones home,i left you 100 bucks in my secret spot,please spend wisely,like on food. I am trusting you,lock up the house if you leave and have your phone on at all times please! I think you have been apart of this family long enough to know not to listen to sky! She will try to trick you into doing things,also I thought I would let you know the boys are going to miss your bday they are coming home on Tuesday,thanks to bart. anyways behave love you and sky.

-mom

"Okay so today is just a you and I day,mommy went to work!" I told skylynn.

She stopped crying.

I brought sky upstairs so she could get changed.

She got dressed in some black yoga shorts,she wore her blue 'Hayes grier' shirt and blue vans.

We went to my room and I turned on the tv for her and locked my bedroom door and went to take a shower,i left the bathroom door open so I could see her if I peered out of the shower.

I did what I needed to do in the shower and got out.

I decided to wear some high waisted shorts and a black crop top with my black high top converse. I put my hair up into a ballet bun and put on my glasses my vision was off today.

After my makeup I went out to my room and put on some lotion and sprayed myself with perfume.

"You look so pretty!" Sky squealed
"Aw thank sky but you look much prettier"i said

"I know" she giggled.

I laughed at how "modest" she is.

I turned off the tv and we walked downstairs

"What do you want to get for breakfast?" I asked

"Starbucks!" She yelled.

"Okay let's go" I said as I grabbed 20$ from the cookie jar

I locked the house and we started walking to Starbucks.

As we were walking I got a text from unknown

Unknown-today would be a perfect day to strike except for the fact that you are with your little sister.

I ignored it.

He wasn't going to ruin my day today.

Sky and I finally got to Starbucks she ordered a s'mores mini frappe and I ordered the same thing.

We sat there talking about everything like school,which I don't have to take anymore classes because I finished right before we went on tour.

When we finished we started walking home.