The Start Of Getting Back Your Memory

Then there's quiet crying coming from Maya. "Go check on her" "She seemed to recognize you more" "Stefan, go" So he went to go and check on her. ~

~Stefan~
Since Damon made me go and check on her, I did. It's not that I didn't want to, it's that I'm hurt she recognized him and not me.

Anyway, I follow the sound of her crying, and see her holding Stefanie. Seeing her and Stefanie together again, brought back memories and I smile.

"Hello" "Hey, Maya" I said, walking in. There was an extra chair in there and I sat on it. "How ya feeling?" "I don't know honestly, only remembering Damon and Stefan" I nod, understanding.

"I went through the same thing ya know?" "You did?" "Yeah, but, I didn't remember anyone at all" "Nobody?" I shake my head. "What happened?"

"Well, everyone tried to get my memory back, Elena- Damon's ex girlfriend, my ex-girlfriend, technically your sister-"

"Wait, both of you dated her?" "He just now broke up with her tonight" "Do you know why?" "Um, it's a long story, I'll let him tell you" She nods. "That has to be a little bit awkward, him have been with your ex-girlfriend" "It was, but I got over it"

"I don't think I could get over that, to me it seems like a betrayal" "Mm, well I thought that at first too but I saw how happy they were and I got over it"

"That's awfully nice of you, I don't think I could though" "Well, I moved on eventually, too" "Not to... interrupt the story, but this question has been bugging me for awhile" "Ok, go ahead"

"Whose Stefanie's father?" "Um, I am, Maya" "Oh" "Yeah, we're um we're actually together" "Together? As in... a couple?" "Yeah" I chuckle.

"Oh, wow" "You sound really surprised there" "No! No, I didn't mean it as an insult to you! I just have to get to know you again" "Completely understandable Maya" I smile and so does she.

"But, um, there's something you need to know about" She tilts her head to the side in confusion. "What do you mean?" "Um, Maya, we were um-" I sigh. "-you were really angry with me" She smiles and raises an eyebrow.

"How could I ever be angry with you?" She asks, amused. "Maya, I like your friend, Caroline" Her smile dropped.

"Then why are we together?" "We were gonna talk about it, but then everything started to go downhill so we didn't get a chance" "Oh" "But you liked Damon too so it wasn't exactly the best relationship ever" "I liked... Damon?"

"The Damon in the other room?" "Yeah, the one who you woke up and recognized" I saw her look down and blush.

"I'm so sorry" "Don't blame yourself, it wasn't exactly your fault" "I'm still sorry" "I'm not mad" "Listen, I know that I don't exactly know you right now and as soon as I can remember everything, we'll talk about it, but at the moment, I just wanna focus on getting better" "That's exactly what I want you to focus on, Maya" She smiles a sort of sad smile at me.

"Um, do you mind if I be alone? So I can think about everything" "Of course, take your time" "Thanks" She said, smiling.