Rebekah

"I just can't do it anymore, Elena, I'm sorry but it's over" I say and walk away from her. ~ Since Rebekah is alone and we're both depressed about this, I go up to keep her company.

"Hey, how you doing?" "I've been better" "Yeah, I get it" "I'm sorry about Elena... I heard what happened" "I'm pretty sure people in Canada heard" We chuckle. "You always know how to make people laugh when they're down, how do you do that?" "It's just one of my many talents" She rolls her eyes.

"Do you think she'll wake up?" "I hope so" "She's a strong woman, I think she can fight it" "It doesn't really have to do with being strong enough, it has to do with her being willing" "You don't think she's willing?" "I hope she's willing, I wouldn't blame her for not, she's got a lot to wake up to... drama wise I mean"

"Yeah, but she'll make it through that as well" "I never thought I'd be in a love traingle with my brother... Now I'm in my second" We chuckle. "Well, I say, when she wakes up, you tell her that you love her... so that she knows"

"Why are you so good at this... love advice thing?" "It's not that I'm good at love advice, Damon, it's because I'm a woman... It's what I would want" She said, sadly. "Um, I'll be right back" She said, walking to the bathroom.

"Hey, Rebekah? You ok?" "Yes, I'm fine" "I'm sorry" "About what?" "Everything everyone has ever put you through, including me" "Thank you, Damon" She said, hugging me.

~A few hours later~
Rebekah and I have been talking all day, laughing and everything. It's weird, I don't think anyone else could have made either of us laugh at an occasion like this.

"Thank you, Damon for helping me through today" "Well, to be fair you've helped me out, too" "Really?" "Yeah" "I never thought I'd hear that" "Would you like me to take it back?" "No" "Ok" We laughed.

All of a sudden, we hear a groan from Maya. My head snaps to Maya and then I look at Rebekah. Maya's arm twitches and her head moves to the side, to look in our direction.

"Maya?" Her eyes snap open and look at us. "Maya? Are you ok?" She sits straight up in bed looking ahead.

"Um, Maya?" She flips both her legs over the side of the bed, and gets up. Maya walks over to me and studies me. Stefan had heard us talking and saying Maya's name so he came in the room. He was just as confused about her behavior as we were.

"Damon?" She whispers. "Maya" I said, trying to figure out what was going on. "Your here?" "Um, yeah?"

"How?" "Don't you want to see your boyfriend and your friend!" I said trying to get the attention off myself.

"I- I thought you were dead" "Dead?!" "Stefanie" she said, standing straight up and running towards Stefanie's room. "What is going on with her?" "I don't know" "Do you think it's the memory chunks that Bonnie said would be missing?" "She thought Damon was dead" "Yeah, and then her mind went straight to her daughter"

"Which has Stefan's name in it, a.k.a. the father, a.k.a her boyfriend, a.k.a. the guy who was standing right there in front of her" "Maybe something went wrong" "Bonnie said if she went for any longer it would have done damage"

Then there's quiet crying coming from Maya. "Go check on her" "She seemed to recognize you more" "Stefan, go"

So he went to go and check on her.