Shawn Grey

Shawn Grey
It was a shock to find out my real father raped my mother and my adopted mother saved my real mother from being killed by him. I found it out in a letter left by my real mother at the reading of her will. Anastasia and Christian told me when I turned 18 that I was adopted and if I wanted to know who my mother and father were they would tell me. The attorneys at GEH are handling everything since Carrick retired. He sold his firm to his competitors. Soon after he died of cancer. He is missed greatly along with Ray and Carla Steele. At twenty one my real mother died in a car crash.
Christian
Anastasia and I felt Dana had suffered enough, so we decided Shawn needed to be at her funeral. He was being left everything in her will. She never married or had another child, we think it was because she felt guilty. She left the Grey firm and became a child advocacy attorney and rarely stopped fighting the good fight for them. I found out not long after grandpa Trevelyan passed away that Dana Andrews was Shawn's mother. Mom noticed the resemblance to Shawn. We left it alone, dad made sure he kept his photos were up to date and she was sent photos of him. He works at GEH in the IT department. Teddy is working alongside his sisters at GEH training to take over when I retire. Ava is president of Kavanagh Media now. Kate owns it she inherited her parents property when their flight went down killing everyone on board. It was a commercial flight and the plane was found to have a mechanical issue.
Anastasia
We went to the attorneys to be there for Shawn when he heard the will. At first he was upset at us, but Dana's letter explained everything and he realized after her letter was read his grandma Violet wrote a letter to him as well. It told how her friend had been raped and murdered by his father and her friends fiancé killed himself shortly afterward. Her parents had been killed in a drive by shooting prior to all these events. Shawn took everything in stride, his grandmother died when he was ten years old. Everything was left to Dana and she placed everything into a trust for Shawn to do what he wished with it. She kept her family home though. She thought he might want it and some idea of who she really was and the good part of his genetic makeup.
Shawn
I ask mom and dad to go with me to see the home and then take flowers to Dana and Violets graves.
A hour later we walk into a huge home near the sound and what we see is photos of Shawn at every age. At his graduations and at the law firm, fishing and photo albums filled with photos all matching the ones mom and dad have at home. We look in the bedrooms and find Dana's room and another letter. If you are reading this letter then you saw all the photos I have of you. Don't hate your family, but soon after your grandpa T died the pictures started arriving in a no return address envelope. I loved you very much. I didn't want you to be marked by the stigma your father left you. So giving you to Anastasia after her saving my life, I knew she would save you from him. She definitely did. I saw love shining in your eyes and you were shown equal love from your adopted family. I hope you forgive me for not keeping you. She closed with grandma Violet and I loved you from afar. We spent lots of time helping other children through hard times and I finally chose being a child advocacy attorney. I took on the hardest cases that no one wanted.
Christian
Do you want to live here Shawn?
Shawn
I think I want to find out more about her life and I think she would want me to at least donate some of her things to those who could use them.
Anastasia
We need to go, we can send a car over to pick you up later if you wish?
Shawn
Yes send my car over please and ask Elliott Jr to come over and look over the place please.
Christian
I pull Anastasia along with me and tell her he needs to be alone in here.
Shawn
I look around and see things, she has photos and awards she was given in a folder on her desk. She never put any awards up on display. I clap a housekeeping service and have them clean the place and take her clothing and donate it all. Her mother's room was kept the same. I looked through things and found journals. I start reading the journals and they are amazing. Very detailed information about my real family. Gregg Dennison was my father he was killed in prison by a cousin of one of his many victims. My mom could have aborted me, but chose to give me to Anastasia Grey and her husband. She did good by me. It takes a lot of love to know you will be safer with someone else and I was safer. I check for things I want to keep. I am going to have Sarah come over and bring her things. We should live in this house and make it ours. We got engaged three days ago and haven't announced it yet. Everything happened so fast.
Sarah Williams
I know Shawn has had a lot to digest recently and I am giving him time to figure out things. When he called me and told me everything I had to cry for him and everyone involved. He told me to pack my things and drive over to his family's home. His real family's home. He said the movers will go get what we want later on.
A month later we invited the whole family over to celebrate our new home and our engagement.
The wedding of Sarah Williams and Shawn Grey
Anastasia
We watch as our youngest son awaits his bride as she us being walked down the aisle by Christian. Her parents were on the same plane as the Kavanaghs. It is how Shawn met Sarah. He attended the funerals of many family and friends. He told us that his grandma Violet left him journals that filled him in on everything and that he was loved by all who knew him and the proof of his mother loving him is that she knew he would have bodyguards protecting him from his true father and his family.
Christian
I dance the father daughter dance with Sarah and Anastasia dances the mother son dance with Shawn. The first wedding of our children and it is our youngest. We gave all the children their trust funds at 21. Shawn for some reason did think he would get one. But we showed him we set it up right after we got him on the day he was born. I called dad and he set it up whether we got him adopted or not.
Shawn
I tell mom and dad that I loved them from the first time they held me. We hugged and we knew who our family members truly were. Grandma Grace danced with me and said there has been love from all your family. Dana and Anastasia were both your mothers, we all sent photos and tried to include Dana and Violet in the activities. They just kept a low profile. I hugged her and said thank you for allowing them to be part of our lives.
Sarah
We throw the bouquet and head to our honeymoon in Paris. As we wave farewell we know this is a beginning of a new generation.
Shawn
The love coming from my huge family just completes me inside and I will find out more when we get home from Paris.
A new generation starts
The end of this story hope you liked it.
Thanks for reading it.