fever dream

sometimes when i look back at our photos from the months that have gone by, i feel this weird sensation in my chest. it all feels like yesterday. that you're here with me. we're laughing together, talking about childish, crazy, and ridiculous things. i remember holding your cheeks with my hands as we give each other knowing glances. i remember your warm hand guiding my hand. i remember cuddling up to you and you burying your face on my chest. i remember putting my ear close to your chest and hearing your heartbeat, and me asking if you're nervous. slightly, you answered. and your heartbeat confirmed it for me. i remember being so happy with you. with our friends. we did so many crazy things. all of it was unbelievable.

looking back, remembering the things that only you and i know, it all seems like a fever dream to me. all of it was so exciting and exhilerating and intense and chaotic and warm and soft and vivid. in my point of view, at least. it feels like all the things we've kept a secret is a fever dream. i remember every bit of it so well but it still feels unreal.
i'm thankful i savored every moment i spent with you. that in the short amount of time, you made me happy.

and in return, i hope that during the months we've been together, i somehow made you happy, the way you made me the happiest girl in the world.