Chapter 10: CONFESSIONS

The scene starts with Oswald once again in the hallway. This time, he's almost halfway to the door. At first, he does nothing, but then hears faint snarling coming from the door.

Oswald: it sounds like...something in pain and anger.

Curiously, he head to the door, and hears the noise getting louder. Before when he was about six feet from it he wakes up.

Waking up, Oswald finds himself without his arms and slowly gets up. He sees Eren doing the same and in a similar state. Ymir wasn't too far from them, but her missing limbs were partially healed.

???: you're both awake. Welcome back.

Briefly surprised by the voice, they turn their attention to see Reiner and Bertholdt on a branch not too far from them. Both were wearing ODM gear. Eren looks down to see his arms nothing more then stubs with steam emitting from them.

Eren: what the hell?! My arms!

Ymir: Eren, Oswald, (both look at her) I'm, uh, not in any better shape here. Guess we're all having a shit day.

Eren: what is this?!

Oswald: they cut them off so we can't fight.

Ymir: how do you know that?

Oswald: because where I was before... They would cut me apart for experiments...

His mind flashes back to showing moments of amputation. His thoughts were broken by Zen Aku.

Zen Aku: now's not the time for PTSD, kid. We have to kill these two first.

Reiner: sorry about your arms, that was my fault. Guess I was in kind of a hurry. (To Eren) bit your nape without thinking about your arms.

Eren: and Oswald?

Reiner: like he said, had to slow him down. Whatever that Wolf Titan is was one tough son of a bitch. I didn't mean to bring back bad memories though, kid.

Oswald's Thoughts: how did this happen anyways?

Zen Aku: recall, Oswald. We were about to end Reiner when Bertholdt's decaying furnace crashed right on top of us.

Oswald's Thoughts: oh, right. Take control then.

Zen Aku: I can't. You body doesn't have enough energy to transform while heal at the same time. Furthermore, we're at the entrance of a forest where a bunch of titans are trying to get us.

True to his claim, they look down to see titans trying to reach for them. There were also a couple abnormals, making this even more difficult.

Zen Aku: if I take control right now, we can't get the other two and ourselves to safety without having to deal with them. Plus, we have the traitors with both the gear and the Titan powers. Like it or not, we're outgunned for the moment.

Oswald's Thoughts: then what do we do?

Zen Aku: wait. If we're lucky, the Survey Corps will be coming for us. For now, we should get some answers.

Ymir: hey kid! Sorry to interrupt whatever conversation you're having with your friend, but Reiner said he'd start explaining everything when you and Eren wake up. You should listen. (To Reiner) so, what do you plan to do to us now?

Reiner: we're taking you to our hometown. Of course, I realize neither of you are gonna do as I ask. Like Ymir said, though, this place is crawling with titans. They're everywhere. We can beat the living shit out of each other if that's what you want, but I wouldn't recommend it. Our friends down below are hungry and not prone to discriminate. Whether you try to cut and run or stick around, believe me when I say our options are limited. We wait for nightfall.