46 Once A Week

I sat shoulder to shoulder with Fred outside trying to keep a straight face as my mother paced back and forth scolding me along with a newly arrived Mr. Weasley.

"I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE LEVEL OF IRRESPONSIBILITY-"

"-And carelessness," adds Mr. Weasley.

"YES, AND CARELESSNESS!"

I bit the inside of my cheek as Fred once again made a strange sound using his throat that only I could hear. I knew my mom's fury would just double. I was in enough trouble as is.

"I'm sorry I just didn't want this to be a big deal. I'm under enough stress already without you two babying me. Besides...I knew you'd react like this and wanted to avoid it."

They glared at me seeming to be even angrier now. "Fred and George tried to enter too. Made a potion and Dumbledore turned them into old men," I snickered remembering them tussling with their beards.

"You traitorous bitch," Fred whispers.

"We did no such thing," gasped George.

"You. Did. What?" Said Arthur shutting the boys up.

"Ron's been bullying Harry!" George said to which Arthur spun around glaring at his youngest son.

"Your mother is going to-"

"Ginny has a boyfriend!" Ron said shrinking back, his hands covering his face.

Ginny gasps in disbelief. "I caught Percy kissing Penelope!" She says pointing at Percy mouth that was wide open like a fish gasping for water.

"I-I-"

"Enough," says Derek. "Nice try Aurora, but enough is enough-"

"Wah-"

"You can not keep getting into dangerous situations and keeping it from us." He says sternly.

"From now on we expect a detailed letter every week!" My mom says putting her hands on her hips.

"Once a week! But I-"

"Once. A. Week." My mother says daring me to disagree.

I gulped nodding. "Fine. Can we go now? We'll miss my victory party," I said smiling proudly.

My mother purses her lips and I shrink back. "I obviously won't be having any fun with the tremendous guilt and shame on my shoulders," I say frowning and shaking my head in mock shame.

Auna sighs and kneels down in front of her daughter. "It's terrifying how alike we were when I was your age. Mother always did warn me."

"Warn you that you'd have an awesome kid?"

"Sure," Auna says avoiding eye contact and standing up. "Be good," She kisses me on the side of the head. "You too," she says pointing her fingers at the boys.

"Scouts honor," Fred, George, and I say saluting her.

"We're gonna be back here a lot aren't we?" says Arthur to Derek as we were ushered out the room by McGonagall.

"Heh if their anything like we were at their age," Derek chuckles.

***

When we entered the room of requirements it exploded with cheers and yells from all houses in unison. For the first time every house was on the same team. Harry blushed shyly while I screamed putting my hands up in the air and jumping up and down with the crowd.

There were mountains of cakes and flagons of pumpkin juice and butterbeer on every
surface; Lee had let off some Filibuster's Fireworks, so that the air was thick with stars and sparks; and Cedric, who was very good at drawing, had put up some impressive new banners, most of which depicted Harry and I zooming around a dragon's head.