42 Happier Than Ever

Let this play as you read....

Aurora POV

I awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of rain hitting the window. I look over to see Draco sound asleep with his arm around my waist. I scoot closer to him and lay my head on his chest.

His soft snoring stops, and he starts rubbing my arm and kisses me on the head, "you okay?" He asked in his sleepy voice. 

"Never better," I say smiling admiring him and the fact that he's all mine. I kiss him on the cheek and he slightly smiles while he's half asleep.

"Rori-"

I snapped out of my memory giving Fred an apologetic look. "Sorry."

When I woke up on Sunday morning, it took me a moment to remember why I felt so miserable and worried. Then the memory of the previous two nights rolled over me. I sat up and ripped back the curtains of his own four-poster, intending to talk to Hermione, to force her to believe me — only to find that her bed was empty. Hermione has been doing a lot of that lately.

I dressed and went down the spiral staircase into the common room. The moment I appeared, the people who had already finished breakfast broke into applause again. The prospect of going down into the Great Hall and facing the rest of the Gryffindors, all treating me like some sort of hero, was not inviting. I walked resolutely over to the portrait hole, pushed it open, climbed out of it, and found myself face-to-face with Fred.

"Hello," he said, holding up a stack of toast, which he was carrying in a napkin. "I brought you this. . . . Want to go for a walk?"

I hesitated for a moment not knowing where Fred and I stood. It was complicated. "Good idea," I said gratefully.

We silently walked side by side. Our shoulders or hands bump ever so often. It was odd. Fred and I had been attached by the hip since children yet for the past four months, we've been at odds.

We went downstairs, crossed the entrance hall quickly without looking in at the Great Hall, and were soon striding across the lawn toward the lake, where the Durmstrang ship was moored, reflected blackly in the water. It was a chilly morning, and we kept moving, munching toast, as I talked and he listened.

"Well, of course I knew you hadn't entered yourself," he said when I'd finished telling him about the scene in the chamber off the Hall. "The look on your face when Dumbledore read out your name! But the question is, who did put it in? Because Moody's right, Rori . . . I don't think any student could have done it . . . they'd never be able to fool the Goblet, or get over Dumbledore's — Write to Sirius. You've got to tell him what's happened. He asked you to keep him posted on everything that's going on at Hogwarts. . . . It's almost as if he expected something like this to happen."

"I don't know..." I looked at my toast and frowned looking around to check that we couldn't be overheard, but the grounds were quite deserted. "It's not like he's my dad or anything. That'd be weird, he's my mums ex."

"He'd want you to tell him," said Fred sternly. "He's going to find out anyway —"

"How?"

"Rori, this isn't going to be kept quiet," he said, very seriously. "This tournament's famous, and you're families famous. I'll be really surprised if there isn't anything in the Daily Prophet about you competing. . . . "