18

Ella opened the door and smiled as she saw Hannah with Mia. Ella had offered to babysit Mia while Hannah went to a meeting with Max.

Ella looked at her. "Hey. How's it going?" She asked as she looked at her.

"Crap. I didn't want it to come to this. But he's the one who turned on me. I didn't want to get pregnant. And yet here I am. Having to fight for my daughter because he's decided he wants to be her father," Hannah said.

Ella smiled and took her hand. "I don't know what to say. It's Kim Campbell who's messing with his head. He doesn't want to take her really."

"I don't know. But you're sure you're okay to have her? I can take her with me," Hannah said.

Ella grinned and hugged her. "She's going to be okay here. Besides I'll need the practice for when I have this little one," she said as she rubbed her bump.

"Thank you."

***
Tom smiled as he saw Layla sitting with Mia. Layla giggled. "Baby!"

Tom nodded. "Yeah darling. She's a baby. You being good?" He asked as he picked her up.

Layla nodded. "Es! I sitting with baby."

"Okay."

Tom walked into the kitchen to Ella. He kissed her. "So Hannah is meeting with her lawyer?" He asked as he kissed her again.

Ella nodded. "Yeah. Max has served her with papers for full custody. And she's appealing it because he hasn't bothered."

Tom nodded as he sighed. "I'd never do that to you. I hope you know that. I love you. And I love our babies."

"We love you too."

***
Ella smiled as Rachel walked in. She looked at her. "Everything okay mum?" She asked as she looked at her.

Rachel nodded. "Yeah. I thought I'd come and see you. I didn't know you were having Mia."

"Yeah I offered. Is everything okay with you?"

Rachel smiled. "Adam proposed to me. And I said yes. I'm getting married. And I'm happy for a change."

Ella frowned. "You haven't known him very long though mum. I'm happy for you. But you haven't really known him that long."

Rachel nodded. "I've known him for a while actually. We lost touch a while back. And now we're reunited. And we're going to get married."

Ella sighed. She wasn't convinced. But she knew it was her mum's choice. And she had to support her despite her knowing deep down it was the wrong choice.

***
Hannah came to pick up Mia. Ella brought her into the living room. She smiled. "How did it go?" She asked.

"My lawyer said I have a good chance at keeping her. Because he wasn't interested in having her when she was born, it's 90/10 in my favour."

Ella grinned. "I knew it would go your way.  But guess what."

"What? You're not having twins are you?" Hannah asked.

Ella rolled her eyes. "No. I'm not having twins. But mum is getting married. To Adam."

Hannah's eyes widened. She looked at her. "You're kidding?" She asked.

Ella shook her head and sighed. "Nope. She came over today. And she told me."

"Wow."

***
Ella and Tom were lying in bed together. Tom was between her legs as they made out. Ella bit his lip and grinned. "Promise me that you'll always be here. Between my legs and in my heart."

Tom laughed and kissed her. "I promise."

But could he keep that promise? Or would something break everything they had apart?