3

Ella sighed to herself as she stood in the kitchen. She held Layla on her hip and signed. Layla was being clingy and Ella was tired. She was starting her first day at waterloo road school. Ella was to tired and she was nervous. Ella knew that Rachel thought that Ella thought that she wasn’t good enough to be a teacher. Ella was anxious that she would be working with the father of her daughter and his girlfriend, his girlfriend that she had met just the once, the girlfriend that thought that she was better than Ella and has no idea that Layla was in fact Tom’s daughter.

Hannah walked into the kitchen and looked to Ella and smiled “hey” Hannah said as she placed a hand on her small bump and smiled to Ella “you look tired” Hannah said as Ella signed “i am, she hasn’t been settling or sleeping. I think that she is teething. All I’m saying is that I hope that when you have that baby, that max stand by you as tom said he would with me, and he hasn’t. All that he cares about is his relationship. I don’t get it, its not that I want him. I just want him to acknowledge Layla and be her father instead of putting his girlfriend first” Ella said as Hannah walked over to her and took Layla from her and placed her into the high chair and hugged Ella “its going to be, your a great mum” Hannah said as she held Ella close.

***

Ella got to work and took Layla from the car seat and smiled. She held Layla close and saw Tom who stood with Davina. They walked into the school hand in and hand and Ella looked over and glared. She hated how happy that he was, she hated yow happy he was without her. Without their daughter. Ella hated it. Ella walked into the school ad Rachel looked to her and smiled “Ella? Are you okay?” Rachel asked as she looked to her daughter. “im fine mum, can you gold Layla” she asked as Rachel nodded. She took her granddaughter from Ella and smiled to her “ill take her to the crèche for you” Rachel said as Ella spotted tom “thanks mum” she said as tom caught up to her.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him “stop it, you can’t avoid me” he said as she looked to him “says you, how is the father of the year. I get it okay. You need to do what’s Best for your relationship, but you got me pregnant, you left me alone to raise her, you pop by occasionally and act like dad of the year. She needs you and you don’t get it. You don’t care” Ella said as she went to walk away as he grabbed her arm and looked to her “of course I care” he said as she rolled her eyes “act like it” she spat as she pulled away from him and walked off.

***

Ella sat in her classroom later that day as tom walked in. He looked to her and she rolled her eyes and stood up “im sorry, I get that your mad. But I’m sorry. I’m going to be a better father from now on. I promise” tom said as Ella turned to face him. A tear rolled down her face and she looked to him “how can I trust you not to let her down, not to let me down?” Ella asked as tom walked over to her. He placed a hand on her cheek and smiled “you have to” he said as she nodded as he leant in and kissed her. Ella kissed him back and placed a hand on the back of his neck and pulled him close. Unaware that someone was watching them.