22

Ella couldn't help but worry that Adam was up to something. She didn't trust him at all. Especially since their last conversation.

Ella was sitting in bed. She was deep in thought when Tom walked in. He smiled. "Hey. Hannah has text. She's told me she'll drop Layla off in the crèche when she takes Mia."

"Okay."

Tom frowned. He looked to her. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Ella sighed and nodded. She looked to him. "I'm just worried. There's something going on with Adam. I don't like him. And I don't trust him at all," she told him.

Tom sat down and smiled. "Are you sure you're not just saying this because he's marrying your mum?"

"No. Because I loved Eddie. He was so good with Layla. But Layla doesn't like Adam. She won't stay at my mum's now Adam is there. The only place she'll stay is with Hannah."

Tom smiled. "It's all going to be okay. I promise you babe. Do you trust me?"

"You know I do."

***
Ella went into work. Hannah was standing there. She walked over to her with Tom. "How was my angel?" She asked.

Hannah smiled. "She's been golden. She always is. She and Mia were watching Dumbo last night. And Layla would keep pausing to check on her which was so cute."

"Aw my baby!"

Hannah grinned. She turned to Tom. "Layla told me she saw an elephant trunk hanging from you... you need to have a birds and bees chat," she told him.

Ella burst out laughing. She looked to Tom. "Good luck with that," she said as she walked off.

***
Ella went to see Layla in the crèche. She smiled as she saw her daughter sitting by Mia. "Baby why don't you go and play?" She said.

"No. I need to look after mine Mia. I need to keep Mia safe," Layla told her.

Ella frowned. "Safe from what?"

"The bad man. He say he hurt me and Mia. I no let him," Layla said.

Ella was confused. She picked up Mia and looked to Layla. "Come with me baby."

***
Max and Rachel were sitting in the office. Rachel jumped as Ella stormed in. She glared. "Who the hell has been in crèche? Because my daughter has just told me that someone told her they were going to hurt her and Mia!"

Rachel frowned. "What?"

Max could see Ella was struggling with holding a squirming Mia. He smiled. "I'll take her."

"Okay," Ella said as she turned to hand her niece to Max. She turned back to Rachel. "This place isn't safe for these babies. Especially if someone has told a toddler they're going to hurt her and her baby cousin to the point where Layla thinks she has to protect her!"

Rachel sighed. "Calm down love. We'll get to the bottom of this. I promise you."

Ella rolled her eyes. "Layla. Come on baby. We're going to find aunty Hannah," she said as she took Mia from Max.

***
Tom was fuming. Someone had made a threat against his daughter. He was going to find out just who it was and make them pay.

He was sitting in Ella's classroom with her and Hannah. Hannah sighed. "It's someone who's in the school. The crèche aren't stupid enough to let any random walk in," she said.

Ella frowned. "Adam. He said something before that I didn't know what he was capable of. Maybe this was that."

Hannah turned to look at her sister. "He said that?! What the hell?"

"I know."

The three of them sat there. But could they prove that Adam had been the one to threaten their children?