25

Ella knew how she was keeping her mum and Adam away from Layla. She didn't trust the man to not hurt her daughter. She knew how Hannah was keeping Mia away from them too.

She knew it was wrong. Especially as Rachel was her mum. But she felt like Rachel had her mind warped by Adam.

Ella knew she loved her mum. But she had to put her daughter first. And despite how it was breaking her heart, she had to be a mum and think of her daughter.

All she knew was that everything was just getting more and more messy. A mess she didn't need and want.

When morning came, she saw Tom walking in. Layla behind him. "Hello my snuggle bug," Ella said as she kissed her head.

"I stay auntie Han? We makes cookies!" Layla said.

Ella looked to Tom who smiled. "Hannah called. She says Layla can stay with her. She wants to make cookies with her. And she says she wants to try and talk to her," he said.

Ella nodded. "Okay cutie. Hannah can pick you up from Nursery and take you to hers," she told her.

"Yay! Fanks oo mummy!" Layla squealed as she jumped off the bed. She went to go and pack her little backpack.

Tom sat on the bed and smiled. "I think this will be good for her. And Hannah could get her to open up," he said.

Ella nodded and smiled. "Sounds good. I just... I'm scared to let her out my sight."

"Hannah won't let anything happen to her. She'll be safe. I promise you," Tom said.

***
Ella and Tom went into work. Hannah walked over to them and smiled. "Hey. So I'll get cheeky chops from nursery. And then take her to mine. I'll see if I can get her to talk."

"Please don't let Adam near her."

Hannah rolled her eyes and smiled. "Do you think I would? He's not allowed near Mia. So I'm definitely not going to let him near Layla am I?" She said.

"Thanks Han," Tom said as he walked off.

Ella sighed. "I think Tom is in denial. He knows something happened with Layla. But he's denying it. I think he's scared," she told her.

Hannah smiled. But she soon lost the smile when Adam and Rachel walked over. "Look. Can we just try and get along? I'm your mum and I love you both. But you're pushing me away from you and my granddaughters," she said.

Ella scoffed. "Until you can come clean about what happened, then no."

***
Ella was annoyed. She was annoyed at how Adam was still acting like nothing happened. She hated him and she wanted him gone from the school.

Tom walked into her classroom and sighed. "Adam is telling people you're accusing him of abuse."

"I haven't said anything. So that right there means he's a liar. And I'm not having it," Ella said as she walked off.

Tom went after her. The couple found Adam. Ella walked over to him. "You're a dick. You know that? You're saying I'm accusing you of abuse. I haven't said anything. Is this your way of admitting?" Ella spat.

"Please don't approach me. In fact I'm going to think about a restraining order. To prevent you from coming into contact. And then I'm going to take that little girl away from you. And little Mia."

Ella soon lost it. She punched Adam and watched as he fell to the floor. "Never threaten to take my baby from me again. I'll kill you," she spat.

She turned and walked off. Not knowing what this was the start of.