28

Ella knew how she had told Rachel she was going to cut her out of her life if she didn't get rid of Adam from her life. She knew that she didn't want him around her daughter.

Ella knew Adam had done something to her little girl. And she hadn't been able to prove it. She knew Layla wouldn't open up. It hurt Ella knowing that her little girl wouldn't talk to her.

Tom knew there was nothing he could do unless Layla opened up. And he wanted nothing more than to help his little girl.

Layla wasn't sleeping much. And she was playing up a lot. Both Ella and Tom knew that they needed their little girl to open up to them. They needed to make her see that she was safe with the both of them.

Ella hated knowing she was suffering. Especially as she knew all too well that Adam had said something to her to make her keep quiet.

all she knew was that Layla was hurting. And Ella couldn't do anything to help her. Especially as she wouldn't talk to her.

Morning came and Ella woke in bed. Tom wasn't there. She got out of bed and walked downstairs. Tom was there with Layla. They were sitting on the sofa watching tv. "This is where you ran off to. Is everything okay?" Ella asked.

Tom nodded and smiled. "It's fine baby. We're just watching Noddy before we go to the crèche," he said.

Layla shook her head. "No want to go crèche," she mumbled.

Ella sighed. She took her hand. "Auntie Hannah is in work today. So you can't go there with her," she said.

Layla pouted. "I be good. Pomise," she said as she looked to her parents.

Ella sighed. She pulled her little girl onto her lap. "How about we go and see if uncle Max will let you sit with him? He has a new office so you can go there with him?" She asked.

Reluctantly, Layla nodded. "He no let people by me?"

"No he won't. And he may have Mia in there too so you can play with her," Tom said. He turned to Ella. "Go and give Max a ring."

Ella left the room to make breakfast. She had called Hannah and spoke to Max who said it was okay for Layla to sit with him.

***
Ella and Tom went into work. Layla held onto Tom's neck as tight as she could. "Hello Layla."

Layla's grip on Tom tightened as Adam walked over. Ella looked to him. "Get away from my child now. Or I swear to god. I will show you why they call us mama bears. You're a creepy son of a bitch," she spat.

Adam smirked and walked off. Max walked ove with Hannah. "Hey. What happened?" He asked.

"He needs to be gone from this place Max. He really does," Ella told him as Hannah took Layla from Tom.

Max nodded. "I'm working on it. It would help if we could get Layla to speak about what he did."

Tom sighed and shook his head. "We've both tried. She's clammed down shut," he said.

***
Ella and Tom were in the staffroom. Rachel walked in. She sighed. "I don't want to have to do this. But I'm going to contact a lawyer about access to my granddaughter. You're keeping her from her family."

Ella glared. But she had no idea of the war about to start between her and her own mum.