21

Ella couldn't help but worry that Adam was going to come between her and Rachel. She hadn't heard from her mum since Rachel had told her to not come to the wedding.

Ella didn't care anymore. She felt like Rachel had chosen a guy over her and Hannah. And she wasn't going to stick around for it.

Ella looked up as Tom walked in. Layla behind him. "We make beakfasts!" She squealed as she looked at her.

Ella smiled and nodded. "Wow. Thank you. This looks beautiful," she told her.

Layla giggled as she looked at her. "I go stay auntie Han and baby Mia?" She asked.

Ella rolled her eyes and smiled. "You've only just come back from there babes."

"I like it there. I play with Mia."

***
Ella went into work. Tom kissed her and walked off with Layla. Ella walked over to Hannah. She smiled. "My daughter wants to come and stay with you."

Hannah grinned and nodded. "She can if she wants to. My little helper. She's always getting me nappies and getting me dummies."

Ella smiled. "Are you sure though? I don't want you to feel like you can't tell me no."

Hannah laughed. "Ella. Relax. I'm okay. I love having her. She's a golden girl. So I'll take her with me tonight. And I'll drop her off tomorrow," she said.

"Thanks babes. I'll have Mia tomorrow night if you want?"

"If you're sure?"

Ella nodded and smiled. "Yes. You've had Layla enough times. So I'm so happy to have Mia."

Hannah nodded and grinned. "Thanks. I loves you."

"Loves you too."

Ella hugged her sister and the two of them walked inside. Tom walked towards them. "Hey. Is everything okay?" He asked.

Ella smiled and looked at him. "Yeah. Hannah has said Layla can stay with her tonight. I told her how she wanted to stay with her."

Tom smiled. He thanked Hannah. "Your mum is in the staffroom. She's talking about her wedding to Adam. Talking about how Philip is giving her away. And how Ros McCain is being her bridesmaid."

Ella scoffed. "This whole wedding is ridiculous. She's ruining her life on a fling. It's insane and I'm not supporting it. I'm not supporting a shotgun wedding."

Tom took her hand. "It will be okay babe. I promise you."

"Really?"

Tom nodded and kissed her. He looked at her. "I know it will."

***
Ella was sitting in her classroom. Adam and Rachel walked in. She inwardly groaned. "Can I help you?" She asked.

Rachel sighed. "I want you to be supportive of my wedding. You're my daughter and so is Hannah. So please."

Ella shook her head. "How can you expect me to support this when it's so out of the blue? I mean... you've just suddenly decided to marry your old school fling? You're insane. This is insane."

"Please. I'm asking you. Please support this. I will do anything for you to be there," Rachel said.

Ella saw how Adam had a smirk on his face. And she wasn't impressed with it. "You can sod off and wipe that smile off your face. You're a jerk. And you've done something to my mum to manipulate her into marrying you."

Adam shrugged. "I haven't done anything. All I've done is fall in love with your mum. Surely you can see that?"

"Well it's a bit weird isn't it? You suddenly propose."

Rachel shook her head. "If you don't want to be there. Then that's fine. Just hope that if you get married, I'll be there," she said as she turned and walked off.

Rachel turned and walked off. Adam stayed behind. He looked to Ella. "It's a shame you can't be happy about your mum getting married. She would be supportive of you."

Ella turned to him. "You don't know anything. You're just the boyfriend who is after something. Don't think I don't know."

Adam smirked. "You know nothing."

Ella watched as he walked off. But could she work out what he was hiding from her? Or even what he was up to?