014~Stiles Stilinski "cry baby"

"Because even the knight needs a saviour sometimes."

~

The cold metal bench sent shudders rippling across my spine and the cool air whistled around my head and body making me physically react to the winter night. My eyes were trained on the number 24 plastered across the back of a particular figure darting across the pitch. Stiles was never really a "sporty" guy when I first met him a few years ago but Scott eventually started training him more when all the supernatural stuff started going on.

The way his body moved in a fluid motion to catch, grab or throw the ball made me smile slightly. He was really starting to get good at lacrosse which was something I thought I wouldn't never say about Stiles Stilinksi. But here I am anyway cheering him on from the stands while he and my brother Scott flew across the pitch.

His gloved hands gripped the stick and his stance changed mid game to a stiff, alpha male stand. The game was a draw and I could tell he was getting tired of the back and forth, although I couldn't see his face I knew it was turned up in a scowl. His grip grew tighter as he started twisting the stick surly turning his knuckles white. I tucked my bottom lip into my teeth and bit down at the sight of stiles standing in the field gripping that damn lacrosse stick.

Just the way his muscles were so defined under all that padding and material made me cross my legs to relieve the friction building between my thighs. I had been going to a lot more of us games recently but not because I particularly enjoyed the sport or because I was supporting my brother but because I wanted to see stiles. We weren't dating or even particularly close friends I just really liked watching how hot he got playing sports.

We would always flirt when we were around each other but never acted on it because all we were and all we are is friends. I think. Sometimes in class I would catch him staring at me and then when I noticed, he wouldn't look away or get embarrassed he would keep eye contact and it made me utterly weak every time. Or every now and again he'd move closer to me in pack meetings or just when we were stood or sat talking with the others. And when I bounce my leg up and down out of habit he'll put his hand on my knee or thigh to stop me but he wouldn't take it off when I stopped moving around. He would keep it there and inch it up a little until the bell rang and I bolted out the room to avoid looking or talking to him.

So I don't really know what we are if we even are anything but it didn't stop me looking at him or being near him when I could.

The game was nearly over by now and we were losing. Which wasn't exactly a new thing but I could tell it hit stiles hard because his dad was here and he wanted to make him proud. Which he did everyday but this was the peak of stiles' fitness and he was doing amazing in class and on the field and I guess he wanted to show his dad that. It was actually stiles who scores most of the goals this game and if he wasn't on the pitch out team would have lost way more that they did.

The final whistle blew and stiles pulled off his helmet before storming off the pitch. I saw that his dad tried grabbing him to calm him down but he walked right past and into the school. I made my way down the bleachers and Scott was there waiting for me. "Wait near the front doors of the school I'll change and meet you out there okay?"

"Yeah sure. Um is stiles okay he seems pretty pissed." I say concerned.

"Yeah he just needed this you know. To show everyone he was getting good. He'll be fine don't worry y/n." Scott says before heading to the changing rooms.

I waited around 10 minutes before Scott came out without stiles next to him. "Where's stiles? I thought he was going to be with you?" I ask while looking around.