023~Mitch Rapp 'The drug in me is you.'

My favourite colour was red. The colour of deep rich wine, lipstick, berries. And blood. Red was my favourite colour; and then it wasn't. Blood stains my memory when i think back to that day. The day I lost my brother. It was an innocent day on the beach turned sour. And afterwards; i turned sour.

I vowed to hunt down the people who caused dozens of families so much pain and suffering, i vowed to kill the people who took him away from my hold. I vow to kill the people who murdered my only family.

That is the only reason i am attending the biggest insider ball of the year, hundreds of high ranking individuals will be here tonight. Claiming their rank and 'fame' from businesses like drug dealing, human trafficking and terrorism. People will pay a lot or money to the those who take care of their issues without anything tying back to them. It's just lazy if you ask me.

This ball is nothing more than a shitty show of money and masculinity. Old men with a young woman on their side would fill out this event like cockroaches in a filthy house. And that is why i will be wearing the reddest and most elegant dress i own.

Everyday i get new leads as to when and where certain men will be and why. And those men will lead me straight to Mansur, the man who is responsible for my brothers death. Unfortunately i won't be on this journey alone, i am joined by my insufferable 'co-worker' Mitch Rapp. He's a great agent do not get me wrong but honestly i've never wanted to shoot someone more. He just ticks all my nerves the opposite way they should be going.

We are attending the ball together but going in separate, we both have targets we need to get to so we can not be seen as a couple. High value targets require high value time and planning. For 2 months we have wriggled our way into this place under our false identities, just hoping to get a glimpse of our goal.

So as i finish straightening my hair and applying my makeup, my mind is blank with only images of Mansur dead in my brain.

"How long you gonna be in there? We have to leave in 10 minutes y/n." His voice rings through the door and causes my eyes to roll back on instinct. I open the door and see him already dressed in his suit, his hair is still messy and long but he's beard was trimmed slightly. He looks good. He may annoy me but fuck does he pull off a suit.

"Give me two minutes Rapp and then we can go." I shut the door and pull my dress over me. It's a deep red colour with a silk like material running all the way to the ground. A slit runs up to mid thigh revealing the sheer black tights adorning my legs. "Rapp can you come zip me up i can't reach."

"for god sake you can't seem to do anythi-" the door swings open with a creak and he stops. He stands. He stares. He gulps on the air stuck in his throat. And so do i, i swallow nothing as he slowly steps forward and waves his finger in a circle. I turn. He breathes. I don't.

I don't breathe while he tenderly runs his fingers over the fabric along my lower back. I don't breathe as his calloused fingers fiddle the zipper up my exposed back; closing it off to his hot breathes that blanket me. He still doesn't speak. I was in the reflection of the mirror as his adams apple bobs up and down with every baited breath. I don't breathe.

Mitch's eyes are conflicted with a fire that could burn me and it seems like he would finally cut the tension present between us. But he turns and walks out closing the door behind him. 'What the fuck was that?' i question myself as if i would wake up any minute and forget it happened. It wasn't real. It didn't seem that way anyway.

Eventually i got out of the bathroom and walked to Mitch who was guarding the door facing away from me. "I'm ready are you." without missing a beat or turning around he spoke and opened the door. "yeah now let's go we are probably already late."