The Land of Eternity

[A/N: Thoma takes Lumine and Ajax to the statue that's almost complete. But Ajax soon is about to learn Inuzuma may not be safe for many reasons, particularly Lumine's welfare and health.]

.......................................................

It had been quite the long trip but Ajax had been invaluable in helping her get used to her Electro powers. It was no shocker that he knew a few tips and had made a point to take advantage of protecting the cargo and Lady Chisato before their small group parted ways with the clan noblewoman. Lumine had taken to his advise of edging her enemy to the water or towards some fire and it worked as easily as well, a lighting strike. They were just now arriving in the nation's capital of Inuzuma City after a day's walk from the near by village. 

"Where do you suppose that tea house is?"mused Paimon.

"I wish we had a map but those damn hillicurls trashed ours while I was practicing..."grumbled Lumine. She looked right down irritated so she had been surprised when a stick with three different colored round dumpling had been presented to her. 

"For you, Ojou-chan."grinned Childe. 

"Oh thanks."Lumine eagerly accepted but seemed rather curious if not confused by the strange treat. 

"Doesn't Paimon get some?"Paimon pouted until Childe presented the fairy with a stick of the treats. Paimon cheered and wasted no time devouring it. "Hey it's good, try it Lumine!"

"The shopkeeper over there called it dango. Some kind of Inuzuma local pastry or whatever."he shrugged as he bit into one and yanked it off the stick to eat.

Lumine hummed in thought before taking a bite out of the bright pink dango and the way her face lit up with stars in her eyes was a wonder to Childe to behold. It was so darn cute seeing her enjoying the simple sweet as she went from small rabbit like nibbles to a ravenous wolf over sugary treats. As they walked Lumine happily had gone through two sticks of dango and even an entire takeout container of yakisoba with her chopsticks in hand. They were the simple chopsticks that Xiangling had given her for a going away present.

"How is it you can use chopsticks and these infuriating twigs still are so difficult for me to use!?"pouted Childe in frustration as they finally neared and were let into the tea house after presenting their invitation letter. Lumine could only laugh a bit as she handed the rest to Paimon to eagerly devour.

"Hey, don't feel bad about it, it just takes practice is all. Think of it as another form of training."offered Lumine before getting a sly grin. "Or are you not up to the challenge?"she teased.

"Oh now you've gone and done it."he grinned. Those stupid chopsticks would rule the day they went off and made a fool of him this long.

"Ha ha~! You two are as lively as ever."the trio stared at the little shiba inu puppy in the red coat sitting so patiently on the reception desk. The little dog's tan curly tail wagging softly. 

"Eh!?"yelped Lumine.

"Did that dog just talk?"squeaked Paimon. "Wait that was voice was Thoma's!"

"Yep it's me, Thoma. Relax, don't sound so surprise. I take it this is the first time you've seen me in this form?"giggled the dog that seemed to be Thoma.

"So you are a...dog?"questioned Lumine.

"Alrigh', you've had your fun. Come out from where ever you're hiding."laughed Childe crossing his arms. Damn this man's love childish tricks was even darn close to his own. 

"Aw you're no fun, Childe."sighed Thoma as he came out from hiding. However he still had the bright carefree smile on his face as he walked over to greet them. "You three kept me waiting for so long I got a little bored and decided upon this lil' fun greeting for when you got here."