Bonus Halloween Chapter: Spook Or Strike

[A.N: This was originally side story one shot but I'm moving it over here. I wrote this to celebrate Halloween but also to celebrate when I had gotten Childe onto my team in October 2021. This takes place before Chilumi went back to Liyue for Moonchase. This should help you tide over until I return in January with Chilumi. After much consideration there will have Chilumi do some world quests and yes, even an event or two once he's better.]

....................................................................

The rich and unique autumn colors the filled Narukami Island painted once indigo and blue hues with rich oranges and yellows. The maple trees filled with vivid rich reds as the leaves were carried away from their branches to fall and blanket the earth below. Everywhere farmers, civilians, and soldiers alike were preparing for winter and the coming harvest. Ravens cawed fighting over resources while foxes slipped away through the alleyways and dark corners of the city streets. Gone were the light summer kimonos the people and soldiers wore in favor of thicker, warmer kimonos for the colder months ahead.

Over at the tea house in their usual room sitting cheerily around a table full of steam bowls of hotpot were two young men in their late teens to early twenties. One was a cheeky and competitive ginger, azure eyed Snezhnayan. The other other a cheerful blonde robed in red. Beside each were two petite young ladies. One beside the blonde with a serene smile as she laughed at the competitive boys' antics was a Inazuman clan princess with icy blue hair. The other a spirited tomboy blonde with short hair robed in white dress and scarf with golden eyes.

"Hey that was my piece of braised beef!!"pouted Thoma.

"Too slow, better luck next time pretty boy!"snickered Ajax.

"Childe, stop teasing him so he'll pick a fight with you like Sara did."scolded Lumine.

"Thoma-kun quit falling for Ajax-san's taunts."Ayaka equally scolded. The boys pouting at the rebukes of their respective girlfriends.

"Hey no fair, save some for Paimon!"pouted the fairy.

"My, my, you lot are as lively as ever."came an amused chortle from the doorway. The group looked over to see the young head of the Kamisato Clan, his face partly hidden by his fan before he closed it.

"Ayato-nii-sama! What are you doing here?"asked Ayaka in surprise.

"Oh hello, Mr.Kamisato."greeted the trio. Things had been rather calm since the Vision Hunt Decree had been removed and abolished. During these last few days Lumine and Ajax had been spending it visit their friends to bid farewell and lick their wounds. They had already said goodbye to their friends on Watatsumi Island along with Kazuha, Yoimiya, and even Sara and the Shogun. Thoma and Ayaka were literally the last ones and they had spent their remaining days.

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to formerly offer my thanks to our dear outlander friends."he greeted with a smile. His gaze turned to the exharbinger with amusement. "Do you know the date, my boy?"

Ajax's eyes grew wide and he began to laugh in delight as he realized a huge holiday for Snezhnaya, Monstandt, and Fontaine had just arrived. "Of course! How could I have forgotten!?"

"Forgotten what exactly?"inquired Lumine as Thoma's own eyes lit up in delight realizing too.

"The Harvest Festival!"shouted the pyro and hydro boys beside the girls as they leaped up in excitement.

The girls looked confused but Ajax was fast to fill them in this time of year in Fontaine, Monstandt, and Snezhnaya everyone got together to feast. But that was not all everyone dressed up in costumes as sweets and pastries were given out to people. Thoma explained it was similar in Monstandt but pranks happened left and right along with tests of courage. That's when the ginger haired archer brought up an idea for a little game. They all had to dress up in costumes and some how make it through the fog of Tsurumi Island, the spookiest place in Inazuma and each bring back one treasure from whatever chest they found. They also had to go in a team of two. So after drawing straws the teams were: Lumine and Ajax, Thoma and Ayaka, and Ayato with Paimon. With the teams made they all hurried to come up with costumes on the fly.