Fleeing And A Plan

[A/N: Run, run ChiLumi! We gotta reach the resistance and fast. We're not safe on Narukami Island anymore! With Lumine injured she must rely on our Harbinger. Also anybody got an ice pack and some painkillers for poor Lumine? XD XP]

...............................

Silence hanged heavy in the hall as shadows of night creeped long and slow in the lantern light. Bringing with it tension that hanged like a thick fog as Thoma leaned against the wall offering a comforting embrace to Ayaka. While pacing about like some anxious puppy was the 11th Harbinger himself in a very anxious and sour mood. He had been like this since they had escaped the shogun and her forces at the town square up the hill. Not long after they had arrived the head miko of the shrine had appeared with that same twinkle of mischief. Like some how she knew this would happen and had brought of all people the head of the Kamisato Clan himself.

"Ugh what's taking so long!?"he finally growled.

"Tartaglia-san it's only been an hour. These things take time, we must be patient and wait for Yae to finish."Ayaka tried to soothe only to be instantly shut up by a glare. 

"Easy now my friend, I know how you feel but she took a direct hit from Musou no Hitotachi. She's lucky she's alive after that!"sighed Thoma making Ayaka stare at the fixer like he'd grown a second head. 

"What!? You didn't tell us that!"squeaked Ayaka.

Before Childe could say anything though the door slid open and Yae left without a word as she grinned to stop and whisper in Childe's ear. "I see your storm hasn't passed, it has only begun. You best make up your mind on what your willing to sacrifice."she purred softly before continuing on her way. Childe could only stare ahead with mixed emotions and wide eyes. However she was gone before he could say anything as a tall man similiar to Ayaka in appearance came out drying his hands with a towel stained a bit with blood. He held himself in confidance as he smiled sincerely and warmly. 

"Your friend will be just fine. Lady Yae and I made sure of that and the rate she heals is astonishing barely anything remains."grinned Ayato. His stern but gentle eyes then looked over at Childe and Thoma. "Traveler-san has you boys to thank for being so swift."

The tension left as all three sighed in relief. For Childe though it was replaced with a new problem. "Lumine and I can't stay."

"Clever young Fatui."Ayato hummed. "If you are to run I suggest going straight for the Sangomiya Resistence's forces. Word has it they're hiding out on the next island. As for you Thoma-kun you best remain here and hide. The samurai are still looking for you as well."

"Yes, Ayato-sama..."sighed Thoma in frustration.

Childe wasted no time hurrying into the room to see Lumine out cold and still in a lot of pain. Her wounds he could see had been tightly and neatly bandaged and her favorite dress and scarf mended and placed back on her body no doubt with help from Paimon and Yae. He nodded at the concerned celestial fairy as he scooped Lumine up onto his back. "Up you go, Ojou-chan."he grunted from the effort before walking out. Taking a brief moment he stopped and bid the Kamisato siblings farewell stopping briefly to offer his gratitude to Thoma for what he did to save them both back there. Then without a word the harbinger vanished out the back into the night.

 Then without a word the harbinger vanished out the back into the night