If You Make A Promise, You Keep It

[A/N: Dang it I can't believe I'm doing this to you Ajax, I'm sorry! Can Lumine and Zhongli make it in time to save our boi? *bites my nails nervously* Please Lumine make it in time!! Oh and enjoy the  music I provided for the chapter.]

.................................................................

Ajax kept running.

He had to keep them far, far away from Liyue Harbor. Blood drenched on half of his face and vicious wounds covered most of his upper torso, arms, face, and even his legs. Swiftly he turned around as he jumped and surfed down a near by waterfall to plunge onto his attackers causing them to be sent flying with cries of pain. "Your in my way!"he sneered. Normally he would relish the prospect of a possible fight to the death but this was no fair and honorable duel. 

No this was far from it and a right down dirty tactic to overwhelm and dispose of him. "Damn she really does want me dead, damn ice queen!"he thought with a growl. If he died Lumine would be sad and he wouldn't be able to keep his promises. He wouldn't be able to teach his little brother to defend himself , he wouldn't be able to introduce Lumine to his family, he wouldn't get to keep sparring with Lumine, he wouldn't get to travel with her and aid her quest, and he wouldn't get to go on that date. Oh shit, he was late for their date because of this insanity!! "Please, please don't get upset with me Lumine!"he hissed under his breath delivering a slash of his water blades. But no matter how many he mowed down, more just came out of the crooks and crannies like swarms of rats. Like hell they were going to stop him from having that date with his girlie! Some how he had to finish this and give his assailants the slip.

"Surrender quietly Master Childe!"shouted a mirror maiden as she lashed out and tried to trap the ex-harbinger.

"Ha! I think you'll find that 'Surrender' was never in my dictionary!"he jeered landing a direct hit with his hydro arrows as he hopped off another Fatui's head. But he didn't escape unscathed as he felt the sudden shot of pain from a Dendro bracer right into his back. That made him loose his foot on the cliff he had jumped onto causing his you cry in pain as he rolled and skid across the ground and down the steep grassy slope. With a stubborn growl he pulled out one of his duel blades and smacked it into the earth to slow himself and prevent his fall. This wasn't good his vision in front of him was starting to fail him and there was no end in sight to these assassins. "I can't give up, I need to get out of this alive!"he thought dragging himself back onto the cliff with a struggling heave grinding his teeth against the agony that shot up from his wounds. 

Some how he managed to get up and got to his feet just barely managing to dodge another blast this time of electro and pyro. One hand cradling the sight of the gash along his ribs. The other clutching his duel blade he made a break for it. Not caring about the trail of blood being left behind. However the roar of gun fire boomed through the heavens and Ajax was just not fast enough.

 However the roar of gun fire boomed through the heavens and Ajax was just not fast enough

CRASH!

With a shattering thud Lumine's cup of cider at restaurant she and Zhongli liked coming to by the market with the storyteller. She hadn't been hurt but she couldn't help this sense of dread that shook her as Lumine's eyes didn't leave her shattered reflection in the glass. Ripples swayed out with each drop of the spilled cider. "Why do I feel such a sense of unease?"she thought. Ajax had left very early in the morning leaving a note that he would be back before 1pm at the latest.