Star-crossed Lovers

[A/N: Lumine gets lessons about Inuzuma from Gorou-sensei. Childe's love for Lumine grows and he truly starts questioning his place as one of the 11 Harbingers of the Tsarista. He's had internal war since learning Lumine would leave for Inuzuma. But it's only grown and will now reach a boiling point.]

.............................................................

Lumine was sitting out of the rain in the war council tent with Gorou. Childe was busy helping train some of the new recruits for the front lines and having a field day doing it from what she could tell. "Good. I'm glad he's happy."she thought returning to her book on Inuzuma's laws. Gorou had come in and offered her a cup of warm green tea. 

"Thanks Gorou."she greeted before turning her attention back to the book. Inuzuma's language was not far from Liyue's but very clear differences that were throwing her for a loop.

"You still struggling?"he asked as he sat down beside her while Childe's joyful laughter ran outside over the thunder that made Lumine tense up.

"Y-Yeah...I can read Mondstandt and Liyue's languages fine. I had really good teachers in that regard. I'm a really fast learner but...I'm kinda struggling still even with Ajax's help."she admitted. Childe was fluent in all seven of Tevyet's languages with the tongue of his homeland being the one he defaulted to on instinct and habit when swearing or annoyed.

"I could teach you a little bit? The book you have is on our nation's laws and traditions so we read it together."Gorou offered.

"That would be great thank you Gorou!"Gorou's tail instantly started wagging a mile a minute as his ears perked with a delighted fire in his eyes. So without hesitation Gorou started teaching Lumine throughout the morning from what each honorifics meant and their uses, to various traditions and the like. She had been surprised to learn all this time her nickname had been an Inuzuma word that when translated to her language meant "Young Lady" and was a term of respect and endearment. It was rarely used now a days though. Then there were the many laws but Gorou made a point that honor and strength were valued here. He explained the law involving requesting a duel which brought him to the law with the duel before the throne.

Fighting a duel before the throne as Lumine knew resulted in the loser's life being forfeited. For loosing meant disgrace and that was the farthest thing from eternity. But just as Childe was coming over Gorou was called away. The general had been dispatched to the front lines.  So their resolves tampered like fine blades fresh from the smithy, Teppei, Lumine, Childe, and Paimon left to catch up with Gorou.

  So their resolves tampered like fine blades fresh from the smithy, Teppei, Lumine, Childe, and Paimon left to catch up with Gorou

The site of the confrontation had been a large inlet with a decaying wrecked ship. Trees and shrubs and moss had completely taken of the shipwreck. Gorou with his soldiers stood to the right while Sara with her samurai stood to the left. Tensions ran thick by the time the ragtag group had caught up with Gorou. The skies dark and grey with clouds promising yet another storm. "...All that dishonor the Mighty Shogun will be punished."spat Sara coldly.