More Then Partners

[A/N: What's this I'm giving you some Inuyasha music to listen to while Yae puts ChiLumi through boot camp? Yay! Also this chapter's on the shorter side cause of the string of monster sized chapters lately. But we are super close now to Signora's boss fight. *sneers like a mad scientist* Which also means Childe and Lumine vs Signora. Revenge time go brr~! Lumine will take Signora in cryo phase, Ajax's got her pryo phase. ]

...........

For a few days Lumine had to use the time to rest and recover from the miasma. During this time Sara had appeared at the shrine and threatened Ajax and Lumine but Yae had been swift to remind the arrogant tengu the shrine was neutral ground and that the couple were her guests. Yae had bought them time to not only train to face the shogun but also to find proof of deceit and folly within the Tenryu Commission itself to present to Sara. Yae's training to be thrilling to Ajax for like he always told Lumine he never passed up a chance to always improve and grow stronger. 

They had roped in the help of Ayaka and Ayato, where they had been introduced to the sleepy little ninja, Sayu to dig up the dirt they needed to prove the Tenryu were conspiring with the Fatui. The fact it had been the Fatui that had behind the scenes started this damn decree made the couple's blood boil over. More then ever Ajax felt liberated as at this second he stood back to back with Lumine as Yae's strange devices shot out attack patterns Ei loved using. The ran the simulator device both as a team and solo as it proved to be a wonderful means of training and coming up with a plan on how they'll handle Ei. 

More then ever Ajax knew he had made the right choice as he backflipped over a shockwave of electro with Lumine. They had by this point started moving in sync and knew each other's strengths and skills to a flawless point. He was worried about his family back home but he knew Liyue had some of the fastest means of mail delivery second only to Sumeru. He had no doubt his mother had gotten the letter. For now his heart soared as he smiled in delight dodging another blast from the devic. "Ojou-chan hold still!"

"Eh!?"

Weeks Priar

Weeks Priar...

It had been one of those rare days the sky was clear casting the sea of white around the fishing port town of Morepesok. People went about their daily routines and as children played, tossing snowballs and building snow forts and the like. Just having a grand old time from what a aging ginger haired woman could see through her frosted window as she cleaned the dishes in the kitchen. Her bright eyes twinkling with longing as she listened to her children in the next room over. 

"Taucer, dear do you mind going to check the mail?"she called out.

"Ok mom!"came the young energetic boy's reply.

"No fair I wanna go look!"cried Tonia.

"No mom asked me to go look!"protested Taucer.

The ginger haired woman shook her head as she dried her hands on her appron as she went over to the livingroom. On the couch Athon just rolled his eyes at his siblings arguing as they raced out the door and came back with the bundle of letters and the newspaper for this week. Tonia and Taucer's eyes grew wide at spotting a letter with their older brother's handwriting. 

"Mom! Mom! Brother wrote a letter for you mommy!"Taucer explainned with excitement as he held it up.

"Oh, from Ajax? Let me see."Taucer was more then happy to hand his mother the letter. With care she cut through the wax seal and opened the letter to find the code her son and her had made to use. Her brow furrowed as her eyes skimmed it. "Athon watch Taucer and Tonia, I'll be in my room for a bit." Athon nodded watching his mother vanish with haste down the hall. She went to her desk and opened a drawer to grab her reading glasses and a pen. Swiftly scribbling out until the letter was decoded. What she read made her eyes turn wide. She was happy for her son but what was written brought an essence of dread. Wasting no time she grabbing a bag from her closet and started to pack only what she needed then did the same for the rest of her family. With haste she hurried out and tossed the letter and sypher into the burned fireplace.

"Children, grab your coats and boots we're going on a trip."she said hastily. They looked at her confused but dare not question their mother and got ready. Wasting no time at all Athon put out the fireplace and ushered the younger siblings out the door as their mother closed the door behind them. Determination burned in her eyes as descreitly as possible she fled with them out of town, refusing to stop until they finally came into contact of strange cloaked figure. The man was not of the Fatui but with a kind and understanding smile silently lead the family away to safety. "Do not worry about us Ajax. We'll be safe and lay low. You never seemed truly happy since the day we found you after you went missing. But to think you've found someone that's now your family. Follow your heart, my lil' boy for that is what it means to be Snezhnayan. Love and family are everything to our nation after all....and our family."she thought with determination smiling at her exhausted children. One day her son would come home and with the woman that had saved her son from his darkness.

To Be Continued...

.....................................................

[A/N: What did Childe's letter say? I leave that up to you to ponder and feel free to comment below on it too. But I can confirm the letter was a warning and telling his mother about Lumine.]