Used to be [Part 2]

Word count: 3k
Warnings: the usual ofc ✨ANGST✨
Summary: Angst and parting but with happy ending
—-

A fortnight went by until Aleksander enforced on y/n's letters not going anywhere and neither her. Y/n was rather scared now than feeling alone. Scared of Aleksander's more rash decisions, he wasn't like before. His own plans to conquer had made him blind of his actions and it showed. However bad things would get y/n wouldn't have given up on Aleksander not because of her dutifulness but she cared enough to stay. Well at least she used to. All of the hope she clung on to for Aleksander, to go home, to feel home were almost a cruel joke by now.

It was the time for the winter fete that kept the little palace staff on its toes. That might be why Genya hasn't visited in a while or maybe even she's restricted from meeting her. She was the only person left y/n could think of as a company or ally or maybe even a friend who from her side was obliged to be friends with "Lady Kirigan" y/n would think.

The winter fete, so grand for everyone to see the powers of the sun summoner. Why wouldn't it be? The sun summoner is not a random trick is it? Y/n believed in Alina's powers and was quite in the awe of what she could do with a flick of fingers. But that certainly didn't make things better either-y/n never once blamed Alina for how things changed between her and Aleksander. Now all she longed for was to feel home which wasn't seemed anywhere at this point.

Being the only person who's not a grisha at little palace didn't require much things to do. But y/n didn't seem to have a problem with that she was a people person. Back at home she grew up being the future of her house everything she would desire would be there for her the very next second wether it's her favourite dish or a rarest jewel. Her childhood in a landscape of a kingdom of her inheritance, having her raised with love of everyone in the kingdom kept away from all kinds of politics up until now of course. Everything she was going through right now was on the contrary of the life she lived and loved.

However not being a grisha didnt stop her from knowing everyone at the little palace from the kitchen maids to grishas on training grounds. Not one face she wouldn't recognise, she knew exactly how many people were there in everyone's family, their backstory, their dreams, the laughs she would have with everyone with open heart. Almost opposite of Aleksander but that's what he loved about her, or used to. Everything she was refrained of now, when she didn't even knew why?

With everything gone downhill one thing that would bring her comfort was the balcony of her chambers. She would stay there for hours watch everyone pass by, everyone would sympathise for her too. She was very much liked amongst all at little palace as well. Sunsets and moon lit up bright weren't as beautiful to her anymore, she used to do that with Aleksander. After a long day or a random evening he'd cage her from behind burying his neck by her shoulders and they'd admire each other's presence. Full moons were y/n's favourite she would want to stay there the entire night but that didn't matter to Aleksander his moonlight, his sunset every celestial definition would start from her and end at her. That's what he'd tell her all those nights. Maybe that was all a lie, she'd tell herself now as she stood in that same balcony despising the moon because Aleksander wasn't there with her.

"Lady Kirigan?" A woman's voice spoke with a gentle knock on the door getting y/n out of her thoughts. Her escort for the fete. Just as she turned to leave with her her eye caught three different-unknown faces below. Two guards in uniform conversing with a stable boy. Strange, she thought. What were they doing outside when they'd be the most needed inside as of now?

She wanted to find that out herself. Y/n left with her escort wearing the general's-wife-black-kefta. Hers was embroidered with golden borders making a veil pattern around her torso with a sturdy, clean-shapen opening and silhouette purposely echoing her own additions of red tones and grey hues reminding her the part of her homeland she had within.