Used to be [Part 1]

Warnings: ANGST
Word count: 2k
Summary: darkling x royal!wifereader a two part story but could be read as a one shot if you're not Interested in the plot :)
—————

Aleksandar and y/n had been married for about two years now. Y/n was human and she was raised to a lady like a proper respected house, a known family name. She always knew she was going to be married off like her mother did from one noble house to another just like her mother before her and on and on. What she didn't knew was it would be a political marriage and she would be married into the grisha's general to be precise.

Their marriage didn't turn out to be an exact contactless political marriage. Both of them found each other congenial in no time. It was in a long time Aleksandar felt that way for anyone but it was true. He didn't knew himself how much he began to cherish being around her. They became inseparable and Y/n had found her everything in her husband likewise for him. They learned and laughed and lived and loved. It was shocking how with everything there is to accomplish one person's well being is all you care for Alecksandar would think in silence admiring her wife's beauty, not just beauty the connection he grew with her was more than romantic feelings. He would feel whole around her something he wasn't familiar with.

Everything seemed to be great...for a while. The "sun summoner" was enrolled, taken moreover to little palace and everything changed. Y/n got along with Alina at start but thing started become more and more obscure and heavy with Aleksandar. At first it was a few lesser glances with her husband but then he seemed to have disappeared from her life staying in the same palace. He wouldn't sleep in their shared chambers, barely even met her let alone conversing, everyday started to feel like being on the battleground against a whole army. Y/n was raised to become a "lady" she wasn't going to confront Aleksandar. That was all she hoped to do now that the past few months everything felt like crumbling to pieces. Everything went to hell with a blink of an eye and y/n didn't even realise how?

Everything she used to find comfort in felt exhausting, knowing she was doing the things she enjoys to fill the void and the constant pressure to do so would just result in failure of that happening.

It didn't get any better even with fortnights passing. Aleksander was the same with everyone else as he had been before but just her. Only her he'd ignore like an unnoticeable nuisance of some sort each time y/n would try to get close with him the way they used to be. Y/n didn't have anything against Alina, not even once. But it just gave her this colossal pain in her heart watching her husband laugh the way he used to with her, how they'd both go on rides and stay up late. It was all coming back in heart shattering memories because he wasn't doing all that with her anymore.

Y/n got along with Alina with no other intention but of making a friend. Both of them seemed to be in a position of needing one but Aleksandar refrained her from talking to Alina. He explained that Alina should rather prefer "grisha" company if she was to settle amongst them. Each day there would be a new low. How much till one breaks? Y/n sure was close. Aleksander "asked" her to not join the dinners because he had pressing war discussions going on with everyone-everyone as in everyone who's a grisha. Another stab into the heart.

That's when y/n seemed to have reached the bottom. She didn't knew why he was behaving like this firstly.

Frustrated of everything y/n wrote a letter back home not being distinct of details she simply stated in the letter to her family about how she wants to return. Concerned for the only daughter of their noble house her family sent back men to Little palace from their army to get her back. Things took an ugly turn after that. The troop of human army her family sent had to conspire go get into the little palace since they weren't grishas. However they were caught and it didn't turn out as great for either of them. Y/n was unaware of anyone even coming for her in the first place. What Aleksander was reported about was that a few men invaded little place to which he had them sentenced to death considering he had a sun summoner on his hands, he couldn't be foolish enough to spare them. If he had known the Royal troop was sent from his in-laws his decision would've differed—but he didn't.