⁽ ³⁸ ⁾ "ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇsᴛʀᴏʏᴇʀ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on november 20th, 2021 @ 2:17am

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT - THE DESTROYER

SEIYA WATCHED AS THE VOLLEYBALL that Number 16 slammed down was actually an out making the point go to Karasuno instead. Seiya sighed in relief. "Talk about luck being on our side..." He commented as he glanced over to the score.

Karasuno

25

Aoba Johsai

23

TWEEEET!

Karasuno had won the first set as they get off the court to get their water bottles and also so they could switch sides. Seiya was still playing as setter. As they were switching sides, Hinata stopped and stared at Number 16.

"Ah, that guy from earlier is there. He's starting this set." Hinata informed as Seiya followed his gaze and hummed.

"Considering he even took me by surprise, he might be pretty quick-witted. So, we should be careful." Seiya pointed out as the others nodded in agreement.

Daichi soon gestured for them to huddle together as Seiya stood between Tsukishima and Nishinoya. "Let's stay on the groove and settle the score! We're gonna win the second set, too!" Daichi announced.

"Yeah!"

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

Asahi was the one who was serving. "Asahi-san, get one! Nice serve!" Nishinoya encouraged as Asahi then threw the volleyball and did a jump serve.

"Out!"

Seiya watched as the ball went out and Aoba Johsai got the first point. "Damn it! Sorry!" Asahi apologized, looking annoyed.

"So close! You'll get the next one!" Sugawara shouted from the sides.

"Shake it off!" Nishinoya added.

"Your face looks scary!" Daichi commented.

"What'd you say?" Asahi questioned in confusion as Seiya let out a long sigh, looking forward to see that Oikawa was now serving. He slams the ball as he does his jump serve. Nishinoya was about to receive it but stopped himself and quickly ducked down.

"Out, out!" He exclaimed as he turns out to be correct and Karasuno gets the point.

Oikawa was groaning and grumbling in annoyance as he apologized to his team. Tsukishima was up to serve next.

"Kei, nice serve!" Seiya told him as his junior hits the ball over and sent it over the net. It touched the net and rolled off as Iwaizumi slid down.

"Bastard!" Iwaizumi exclaimed as he saved the ball.

"Nice cover, Iwa-chan!"

Seiya stood beside Hinata. "Who will Oikawa toss to? There are three attackers at the front." He thought.

"Mad Dog-chan!" Oikawa called out, making Seiya raise an eyebrow at the obvious nickname, as he tosses it over to Number 16.

"An open toss to the right?" Seiya thinks to himself.

"Three blockers!"

To Seiya's shock, Number 16 jumped up and hit the ball. What was even more surprising was that he was sprinting parallel to the net.