⁽ ⁵⁵ ⁾ "ᴘᴇʀsᴘᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on april 18th, 2022 @ 5:23am

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE - PERSPECTIVE

KARASUNO WAS CURRENTLY HAVING A practice match with Tokonami, with Tokonami in the lead by ten points. Yamaguchi let out a breath.

"It doesn't matter if this is our usual gymnasium, Shinzen's gymnasium, or Tokyo Stadium. You need to train your body to be able to do the same thing at any location."

TWEEEEET!

Yamaguchi ran forward as he did his jump float serve. However, it ended up being an out in which Yamaguchi groaned in irritation.

The whistle blew once more as Asahi jumped up and did his jump serve. The ball was received. "Sorry!" Asahi apologized.

"Got it!" Sugawara reassured as he saved the ball.

"Nishinoya!" Daichi called out as Nishinoya jumped up. He tosses the ball towards Asahi who spikes the ball, but ended up getting blocked.

"Sorry!" Nishinoya said.

"Don't worry about it!" Tanaka told him.

Tanaka was up to serve as he bounced the ball up and down before looking up with concentrated eyes. He throws the ball in the air before jumping up to spike. However, the ball ends up hitting the net, shocking Narita and Asahi who were nearby. Tanaka screamed in irritation.

The final set ended, with Tokonami coming out victorious.

"Hell yeah! We managed to win a set against Karasuno!"

"We can go to nationals now!"

"One lap of diving drills!" Daichi called out.

"Right!"

"Wait, they actually have penalties?"

"Oh, we just do this all the time." Daichi answered as everyone began their diving drills.

"After getting so used to losing at the Tokyo training camp, I get the urge to do these even when we win..." Asahi commented.

"Right?" Sugawara agreed.

"Yeah, we sorta messed up the serves this set." Ukai laughed before turning to Tokonami's coach, having an intense aura around him. "May we play another set?!"

"O-Of course."

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

Seiya was sitting in his apartment, thinking back to Daichi's words he had said the other day.

"Play in a match with us during nationals. Not Sora. You, Sei."

"It's official! Sawamura has gone completely insane!" Seiya shouted out, leaning back in his spinning chair in irritation. "Play in a match without Sora? That's spelling failure for Karasuno!"

Seiya sighed to himself before leaning forward and closing his eyes. He re-opened them, his red eyes catching a polaroid photo of him, Daichi, Sugawara, Asahi, and Kiyoko.

All five of them were second-years in the picture. They had just finished volleyball practice, and Seiya wanted to have a picture of the five of them.

"Sawamura, Suga, Azumane, Shimizu!"

The four glanced over towards Seiya, who had called out their names. "What is it, Sei?" Daichi questioned.

The red haired male holds up a gray-colored Polaroid camera. "Let's take a picture!" He announced.

"Huh? What for?"

"Just because." Seiya shrugged. "Once we leave Karasuno next year, we might not keep in contact anymore, so I want to have a memory."

"We got a whole year to think about that." Daichi sighed out. "But as you wish."

Daichi, Suga, Asahi, and Kiyoko gathered around Seiya as he rose the Polaroid camera up. Seiya snaps the picture as it begins printing. He takes it and smiles.

"You should smile more often."

Seiya hummed before looking at Daichi. "What?" He asked in confusion.

"Smile more. It suits you." Daichi repeated.

Seiya lightly smiled at the memory as he turned away from the photo. "Sora's not gonna be with me forever. I have to learn to play without him eventually..." He thinks to himself.

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

A/N: Another chapter is finished! Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 616 words.