⁽ ⁵¹ ⁾ "ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʟʟᴇʏʙᴀʟʟ ɪᴅɪᴏᴛs"

A/N: Hello, readers! This is where you'll find out the promise Seiya made to Daichi! Enjoy!

edited on february 28th, 2022 @ 7:00am

»»————- ⚜ ————-««

CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE - THE VOLLEYBALL IDIOTS

"GLASSES IS BACK." Murasakibara announced as him and the rest of the Generation of Miracles saw Tsukishima running onto the court with Kiyoko right behind him.

"Isn't it too late?" Midorima questioned, looking back at the score. "Shiratorizawa's at match point."

"It's not gonna end!" Kise and Aomine shouted in unison. However, Midorima was unfazed.

Tsukishima headed towards Ukai. "Tsukishima—" He began. But Tsukishima had cut him off, making Ukai be taken aback.

"The bleeding has stopped. They immbolilized the part that was dislocated rock hard. Because it was my pinky, it'll effect my play extremely little." Tsukishima interrupted as Ukai glanced over to Kiyoko.

"That basically sums it up." Kiyoko confirmed.

Shiratorizawa's cheering squad continued cheering as Kawanishi was switched out with Yunohama.

"It's probably going to be a jump float serve. We need to move up our defenses." Daichi informed as both Nishinoya and Seiya nodded.

The whistle blew as Yunohama served the ball. "Daichi-san!" Nishinoya called out as Daichi received it.

Kageyama got into setting position as Narita jumped up to spike. However, Kageyama did a setter dump, making Karasuno get a point as they cheered.

Both teams had 15 points. The buzzer sounded as Tsukishima was switched in with Narita. "We're counting on you, Tsukishima." Narita informed as Tsukishima just nodded.

"Kei!" Seiya shouted, causing Tsukishima to glance over. "Welcome back!"

"Um... about when we do a 3-person block..." Tsukishima began.

"Did you seriously just ignore me?" Seiya mumbled under his breath.

"Tsukishima!"

"We're counting on you!"

Karasuno was huddled in a circle. "We're gonna get through this!" Daichi exclaimed.

"Yeah!"

"Daichi." Seiya called out, causing Daichi to look over at him. "Remember the promise I made to you, back in the end of our second-year, when you were named captain?"

Daichi hummed as he recalled the memory.

A second-year Seiya and Daichi were walking home from practice. "Daichi. Congratulations on making captain." Seiya congratulated.

Daichi was taken aback at the use of his first name. "Eh? Sora?" He said in confusion.

Seiya chuckled. "My apologises. Didn't mean to frighten you. I know I only appear when we have matches, but I just wanted to talk to you for a bit." He said.

"What did you want to talk about?"

"We're going to be third-years next year, correct?"

"Yeah."

"Then can I promise you something?" Seiya asked.

"Go ahead."

"Whenever we're stuck in a sticky situation, I'll draw out our team's true potential." Seiya said, making Daichi blink in confusion.